What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Speed test...poss not a good idea!

A

Anonymous

Found a nice quiet stretch of dual carriageway and seemed like a good place for my pride and joy to let off a bit of steam having been cooped up in traffic all week.....then saw a Police van in a layby. Had hoped he was chasing proper criminals or maybe having a nap......but no, he had nothing better to do than sit there waving his speed sensor thingy at passing RCZs :thumbdown:

Got the 'Notice' in the post today - 87 in a 70 limit :oops: I suppose it was lucky I'd seen him and slowed down before he got me!! In my defence, it was a bright Saturday morning on a road I know well and no other cars in sight. Hopefully 'just' 3 points and £60....sigh.

Anyone else been overcome by temptation and fallen foul of the speed laws since acquiring their RCZ? Well, they are designed to be driven......

A chastened Mari.

A

Anonymous

Woh!! Look on the bright side Mari - consider yourself as (possibly) making a little bit of history. The person to be caught speeding in an RCZ.

(Of course, I don't condone this in the slightest).

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, you may have a point there hhobbit....wonder if the Police Person got extra points for an RCZ!

A

Anonymous

marianne said:
Found a nice quiet stretch of dual carriageway and seemed like a good place for my pride and joy to let off a bit of steam having been cooped up in traffic all week.....then saw a Police van in a layby. Had hoped he was chasing proper criminals or maybe having a nap......but no, he had nothing better to do than sit there waving his speed sensor thingy at passing RCZs :thumbdown:

Got the 'Notice' in the post today - 87 in a 70 limit :oops: I suppose it was lucky I'd seen him and slowed down before he got me!! In my defence, it was a bright Saturday morning on a road I know well and no other cars in sight. Hopefully 'just' 3 points and £60....sigh.

Anyone else been overcome by temptation and fallen foul of the speed laws since acquiring their RCZ? Well, they are designed to be driven......

A chastened Mari.

Hi Marianne,
Never admit your guilt without challenging the NIP! Write to the Chief Constable of the force concerned, ask for the test certificate, calibration record of the device, whether the operator was trained in its use and ask for photos to assist you to identify the driver. Dont get clever and try to get someone else to take the rap as it will come round to bite you harder. You have nothing to lose by writing a letter (lots of examples on the net), it's just a first class stamp. If all fails and you admit your guilt and are given the chance to attend a Speed Awareness Course, take it. I am not a Police Officer, legal professional, Road safety officer etc. Good luck and happy motoring, it will be Christmas before I get back to my RCZ and I miss it.

FGRob

Reaction score
Hi Marianne.

It's a bugger trying to get second stage spoiler and keep within the law, :wtf: if it's your first offense in the past 5 years - I think it's 5 years, you will be offered the awareness course, it only lasts a morning and will stop you gettin the 3 points, but you still have to pay the £60.

I can't see the point in questioning the fine, 87 is pushing it :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: and well above 70 so even if the unit was out by 10% you are still above the limit.

Good luck

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rob & Dave. It didn't occur to me to challenge as it was a fair cop, so I've already returned the doc admitting it was me.

I don't think I'll be offered the course as the info sheet states that this is an option for speeds between 79 - 83 (where limit is 70).....which bytheby seemed extremely odd....I'd have understood 71 -78 for example, but 79 - 83??!!!

Mari

A

Anonymous

Hi Marianne,
Oh well never mind, hope you get a minimum fine and not to many points. Good luck. Which force was it? Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Just press the button in side for stage 2 spoiler is cheaper that a fine and points. you can just see it in your rear mirror in stage 2 you can not see stage 1 in mirror !

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that you have been collared by the :law-policered: for your enthusiastic driving :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Oh so tempting! Commiserations, but I suppose a fair cop too.
You're not the first, etc. etc. I'm not an especially good girl either. Here in NI, the only road you can let fly on is the M1 motorway and I must confess that as I travel it daily to get to work, and I'm an early a.m. traveller, when the road is clear, I don't always stick to the speed limit either.
I have 3 points for doing 57 (+ fine) on the Saintfield Road out of Belfast. I must be the only person in Northern Ireland who didn't know it was littered with speed cameras!

A

Anonymous

Ive got 6 points in the past 2 months!! :? Stupid thing is i was in my van, god knows how long my license will last when i get my rcz.......

A

Anonymous

marianne said:
Found a nice quiet stretch of dual carriageway and seemed like a good place for my pride and joy to let off a bit of steam having been cooped up in traffic all week.....then saw a Police van in a layby.

Hi Mari,

Sorry to here that !
You have 2 firsts for us then ...1st RCZ customer and 1st RCZ customer caught speeding :law-policered:

Where abouts was it? ( im asking out of sheer self preservation !)

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Oakville said:
You're not the first, etc. etc. I'm not an especially good girl either. Here in NI, the only road you can let fly on is the M1 motorway and I must confess that as I travel it daily to get to work, and I'm an early a.m. traveller, when the road is clear, I don't always stick to the speed limit either.
I have 3 points for doing 57 (+ fine) on the Saintfield Road out of Belfast. I must be the only person in Northern Ireland who didn't know it was littered with speed cameras!
Ah, more info, Oakville. Another female member :happy-wavemulticolor: and I also travel to Belfast for work (RVH) from Bangor so the speed limit there is 60 at max :( . Will have to keep my speed in check because I was stopped once many years ago and the embarrassment was something I don't want repeated. :oops:
Lorraine

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
Oakville said:
Ah, more info, Oakville. Another female member :happy-wavemulticolor: and I also travel to Belfast for work (RVH) from Bangor so the speed limit there is 60 at max :( . Will have to keep my speed in check because I was stopped once many years ago and the embarrassment was something I don't want repeated. :oops:
Lorraine

That road is lethal, so don't even try!

A

Anonymous

Hi Marcus

Hmmm, not a 'first' I was aiming for!! It was the Stoke Hammond bypass.....really quiet at the weekend and the only place I know where nothing gets in the way for a decent stretch....even my ancient Hyundai could get over 100 on it.....but never managed to get a ticket in it, so think they must have a new game.....extra points for RCZs!!

Mari