What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Speed limiter delete

Marmite

Reaction score
way back I had my R re mapped an it didn’t go well an I ended up having my turbo rebuilt that was over two years ago and I had the car put back to stock , the only thing is it never put the 155 limit back on as I found out early one day on a private road off corse .
Well it may be my last chance before Putin hits the button

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I reckon even though he’s a nut job he’s just bluffing with that threat He knows as well as everyone else no one wins that war!

RCZ-R

Reaction score
way back I had my R re mapped an it didn’t go well an I ended up having my turbo rebuilt that was over two years ago and I had the car put back to stock , the only thing is it never put the 155 limit back on as I found out early one day on a private road off corse .
Well it may be my last chance before Putin hits the button
Yep, it runs into the rev limiter in 6th totaling at about 169 MPH.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I wonder if Pug Sport ever did an unrestricted top speed run while developing the car back in 2012-13...

Marmite

Reaction score
I wonder if Pug Sport ever did an unrestricted top speed run while developing the car back in 2012-13...
I would have we thought so I would 😃
Mine struggled to hit 150 before the timing chain and sprockets were replaced last month that shows how critical to get it done an having the limiter removed off corse

RCZ-R

Reaction score
He he, like-minded.

In my opinion the RCZ R was and stays the fastest (top speed-wise) production Peugeot ever built.
If you have pennies to burn, you could go for an upgrade to 300 horses (ECU update, turbo tweaking especially the exhaust header needs some attention and then subsequently does the waste gate), rise the rev limit to 7000 (allegedly the engine and the valve train can take it) and you could do 175MPH in that thing. I don't think it would go any faster than that. It already takes a bit to go from 160 to 169.

Marmite

Reaction score
I had a Audi b7rs4 and that would run to 170 when the limiter would kick in an yes 170 feels way quicker than 160 it starts to get scary , I’m more than happy with the way my R is running

Last edited:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I get your point here.
Luckily the R feels very planed and safe at 169. To top that statement, I did the run on winter tyres. They have been rated up to 170. On summer tyres I only managed two or three times to get close to 165. Sadly I never filmed those attempts. I really regret that now. I only have a screenshot of the GPS measurement. But a speedo video would be nice too, even if you do not see the needle going beyond 155 as it stops there. The digital read out also stops at 155. Only the rev counter continues to climb.

turboguy

Reaction score
Sounds fun 😃, I too may be tempted to have the limiter removed. Then I can try it on an autobahn 😂

Bernie

Reaction score
I get your point here.
Luckily the R feels very planed and safe at 169. To top that statement, I did the run on winter tyres. They have been rated up to 170. On summer tyres I only managed two or three times to get close to 165. Sadly I never filmed those attempts. I really regret that now. I only have a screenshot of the GPS measurement. But a speedo video would be nice too, even if you do not see the needle going beyond 155 as it stops there. The digital read out also stops at 155. Only the rev counter continues to climb.
My digital speedo went past the 155mph. Video to prove, all done on the wonderful foreign roads

RCZ-R

Reaction score
My digital speedo went past the 155mph. Video to prove, all done on the wonderful foreign roads
Now that is interesting. Looks like when in MPH mode it does that. At km/h it stops at 254 km/h and does not count beyond.