What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spark Plugs for the RCZ

French Letter

Reaction score
I only use NGK plugs.

Latest plug from NGK is ILZKBR7B-8G. Use only these now.

From eTuners:

Ignition
  • Ignition coils
    The stock coils will generally not fail. They are very reliable. But make sure you never expose them to humidity or water and they will be good for life. If you wash your engine, remove the coils and let everything dry up completely before re-installing them.
  • Spark plugs
    Spark plugs should be kept no more than 30.000km on a completely stock engine. If you have a remap, it is advisable to renew them every 20.000km because you will notice a big drop in performance as you go over the 20.000km limit.
    A good way to check their condition is by measuring spark gap. Stock spark gap is 0.8mm. The moment it goes over 0.9mm, ignition problems start to occur. For engines with a remap, we recommend setting the spark gap to 0.6mm. This will increase spark plug wear but will improve spark power by a lot.
    Always stick to the manufacturers recommended spark plugs. As a rule of thumb, they are all made by NGK and are either made of Platinum (PLZ code prefix) or Iridium (ILZ code prefix). Anything else will just not do as only the heat range of Platinum and Iridium is suitable for turbo engines.
    Useful codes:
    Iridium – ILZKBR7A-8G (Peugeot RCZ THP200, Citroen DS4 Racing THP200, Mini Cooper S Works Edition)
    Platinum – PLZKBR7A-G (stock 150/156/165hp and 175hp)

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
It's interesting how the plugs in an RCZ are 30000km changes, yet the plugs in my GT86 are 60000 miles intervals.
They probably have a harder life in a smaller turbo engine.

LeonGrchz

Reaction score
I only use NGK plugs.

Latest plug from NGK is ILZKBR7B-8G. Use only these now.

From eTuners:

Ignition
  • Ignition coils
    The stock coils will generally not fail. They are very reliable. But make sure you never expose them to humidity or water and they will be good for life. If you wash your engine, remove the coils and let everything dry up completely before re-installing them.
  • Spark plugs
    Spark plugs should be kept no more than 30.000km on a completely stock engine. If you have a remap, it is advisable to renew them every 20.000km because you will notice a big drop in performance as you go over the 20.000km limit.
    A good way to check their condition is by measuring spark gap. Stock spark gap is 0.8mm. The moment it goes over 0.9mm, ignition problems start to occur. For engines with a remap, we recommend setting the spark gap to 0.6mm. This will increase spark plug wear but will improve spark power by a lot.
    Always stick to the manufacturers recommended spark plugs. As a rule of thumb, they are all made by NGK and are either made of Platinum (PLZ code prefix) or Iridium (ILZ code prefix). Anything else will just not do as only the heat range of Platinum and Iridium is suitable for turbo engines.
    Useful codes:
    Iridium – ILZKBR7A-8G (Peugeot RCZ THP200, Citroen DS4 Racing THP200, Mini Cooper S Works Edition)
    Platinum – PLZKBR7A-G (stock 150/156/165hp and 175hp)
Hi everyone.
I cant find the NGK ILZKBR7A-8G anywhere in stock.
I read that it was replaced by NGK ILZKBR7B8DG.
Can anyone confirm that?
Have to replace mine.

Thanks in advance and keep driving safe
Leon

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes they were listing the NGK Laser Platinum PLZKBR7B8DG as the replacement for discontinued stock