What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

spare wheel

A

Anonymous

hi to all you rcz owners hope you are enjoying your cars, i am just one little concern reguards no spare tyre what do you do if the repair kit does,nt work having no car jack to take the wait off the car while its trying to repair itand no obvious jacking points.im off down south end of the month and have never had a car without a spare wheel what do you do if your stuckn in the middle of nowhere can you call peugeot assist or do you try and get a spare wheel for piece of mind any ideas happy motoring

FGRob

Reaction score
There are jacking points along the sill, you just need the correct jack and brace, failing that call Peugeot or who ever does your recovery, not something I'm going to worry about to much, the repair kit should do the job providing the tyres not a right off.

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
My last 4 cars have not had spares - had this tyre foam repair kit instead. I've had to use it many times ! I get more punctures than anyone I know. Anyway, as I've said, I've used it plenty of times and I've never had any problems. Always worked and always got me to where I'm going or a tyre place for a new tyre. You don't have to jack your car up to use it either.

I'm a woman don't forget, so if I can do it - anyone can ! :lol:

A

Anonymous

I've never had a car without a spare wheel either but my current car (Hyundai coupe) has such HUGE wheels that when I DID get a puncture a few months back there was no way on this earth a mere female was ever getting that sucker to budge. :x It took 2 men to get the thing off and replaced with the dinky wee temporary thingy. :lol: Anyhoo, if you read the small print on the last page of the RCZ brochure it clearly states that "Peugeot Assistance excludes non-vehicle based faults (such as punctures)..." :thumbdown: I've got full RAC membership which I'll maintain even if this repair kit is the business. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I paid £20 extra to add punctures, etc to the Peugeot assistance

A

Anonymous

Maf said:
I paid £20 extra to add punctures, etc to the Peugeot assistance
Ah, a very wise move and good value for money but I'll just keep my RAC going anyway :D