What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spare wheel

Jfk64

Reaction score
Hi Folks
I am planning a long trip over Christmas and had forgotten I don’t have a proper spare wheel..
Just wondering what wheel will fit my 2015 Rcz 2L diesel... I have left it too late to order on line and was hoping I could pick up something readily avail from more common Peugeot’s possibly from a salvage yard???
any ideas / help would be welcome?
Regards

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I think a stock 19" will fit in the boot space with the tyre deflated.

I've not had a spare for years. Just the goop, luckily I've never had a flat tyre in over 20 years.

Flanners

Reaction score
Month or so ago I bought a totally unused R wheel/tyre combo for £150 on eBay which had been an ex-R owner's spare. Single wheels come up a fair bit on the 'bay

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
You can fit a 19" wheel in the tyre well but it stands up about 30mm and the boot liner rocks so the first thing is a bit of padding I used two layers of underlay in the boot and the tray fits fine. You don't need to let the tyre down as it's fits 100% fine I have one in my car at all times...... You can easily pick one up from the scrap yard, breakers yards.. Is there any near you... Hope this helps you out.
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Flanners

Reaction score
Get rid of all the Peugeot locking wheel nut bolts. They work so well that 2 of mine had to be professionally removed!:mad:

Pedro

Reaction score
Get rid of all the Peugeot locking wheel nut bolts. They work so well that 2 of mine had to be professionally removed!:mad:
Yeah there crap I always fit the splined ones on any motor I'm asked to fix for those problems I got rid of the Z's as soon as I got the car

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely. I learned that the hard way with one of my 407s. The dealer wazzed them up so tight I couldn't undo them.
After complaining politely it cost them a low loader to my house from Nottingham, a courtesy car and a new set of bolts.
After that any subsequent Peugeot had them removed and standard bolts fitted. Under the little chrome caps no one can tell.

Well, apart from the one on my 508 that needed the gas torch treatment..

Besides, do people still steal wheels nowadays? I don't know anyone who has ever had any pinched.

Woodso

Reaction score
Does anyone have a tip on removing the locking wheel nuts? Muppets at National Tyres used a windy gun to tighten up the nuts and on the locking nut one of the locating pins got sheared off so now only three and the pins themselves are damaged. Got a new set off the internety webby which are of a far superior design but I have only managed to replace three, the last one is being a right bastard and try as I might, the three remaining pins will not stay in the locating holes on the nuts as it looks like these have been damaged also. Any sensible suggestions would be appreciated.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score

Pedro

Reaction score
Does anyone have a tip on removing the locking wheel nuts? Muppets at National Tyres used a windy gun to tighten up the nuts and on the locking nut one of the locating pins got sheared off so now only three and the pins themselves are damaged. Got a new set off the internety webby which are of a far superior design but I have only managed to replace three, the last one is being a right bastard and try as I might, the three remaining pins will not stay in the locating holes on the nuts as it looks like these have been damaged also. Any sensible suggestions would be appreciated.
Hammer a 16mm socket onto the nut (6 pointers are the best) then use a cracker bar to break the torque once you feel it nudge a little take it very easy & it will loosen up it only needs poss a 1/4 of a turn to start it off I removed at least 10 maybe more by this method but just make sure you his the socket & not the wheel :rolleyes: if needs be use a small extension bar after you get the socket to bite on the Stud then give it a good whack believe me this works every time

Woodso

Reaction score
Hammer a 16mm socket onto the nut (6 pointers are the best) then use a cracker bar to break the torque once you feel it nudge a little take it very easy & it will loosen up it only needs poss a 1/4 of a turn to start it off I removed at least 10 maybe more by this method but just make sure you his the socket & not the wheel :rolleyes: if needs be use a small extension bar after you get the socket to bite on the Stud then give it a good whack believe me this works every time
Tried it and it just made matters ten times worse as the circular locating stud just sheared off when I tried to move it. The socket was on that tight it took me 5 mins to hammer the stud out of it. God only knows how the bugger will come out now but I think that it has now just become a bloody expensive job.