What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sound

Jh72i

Reaction score
Exploring the ‘back end’ of my RCZ R this evening I noticed not a lot of sound proof material in the boot space. & back seat. I’m sure there was a better attempt in my old 200.

Wondering why, of course, but mostly thinking about whether to address it.

I took my old ‘69 Karmann Ghia apart years ago to fully soundproof it - it was this ‘chillest’ car to drive & that made it peaceful too.

So, am I just paranoid about the road noise swirling about the back of my head. I only ‘really’ care when I have an adult, non car- interested passenger ;)

So, has anyone of you RCZ folks have advice for me?

Pedro

Reaction score
Maybe its road noise off the Tyres I have the full size spare wheel & Tyre on the boot floor & it may partially just stop the sound resonating through the empty space in the back end

chrismac

Reaction score
I agree with Pedro. I have just replaced the two front tyres (With Avon ZV7's) and they are much quieter, especially as the old tyres were on the limit.

Jh72i

Reaction score
Thanks folks. On another thread I’m convincing myself to pony up for new tyres (while the existing ones have plenty of thread). This helps.

Jh72i

Reaction score
3AF4D71F-9908-4DA3-BB38-4E4B161D87DB.jpeg
Just to be sure, is this what the floor of the boot space of your RCZ R looks like? Just below that tin is road! Wish I took a picture of my old RCZ 200 because I’m certain there was more going on back there.
I’m seriously considering some insulation but it’s kind of a one way journey with the dynamat-type stuff.

apple3337

Reaction score
There should be a polystyrene box in the wheel well containing a jack, air compressor/inflation kit, tow eyes. On top of that is a fold down boot carpet.

Jh72i

Reaction score
Yes, I should have said, I have the polystyrene box & carpet. Just seems odd that there is so little real sound insulation especially as the air vents from the back parcel shelf open direct here. As you can see, I’m a little obsessed with the at the moment 🤓

Pedro

Reaction score
Cars are now deigned & made to be as light & cheap as possible hence you just get the bare bones when it comes to comfort so why not buy some soundproofing sheets & fill all the open spaces

Jh72i

Reaction score
Cars are now deigned & made to be as light & cheap as possible hence you just get the bare bones when it comes to comfort so why not buy some soundproofing sheets & fill all the open spaces
Yes, that's what I'm thinking about - just using the forum to check whether i have lost my mind. I seem to be the first to consider it so I probably have 🤪

Jh72i

Reaction score
I find mine very quiet for a "sports car". I definitely don't want it any quieter.
Yeah, that's the thing - I want to hear the exhaust note but not the whishing, whooshing road noise filling the space behind my head. I had twin dell'orto carbs behind my head in my '76 912e. Not terribly sensible but that is a "noise" I could listen to all day long.