What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sound system resonator - remove?

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Hi all, I've noticed a strange smell coming from the vents that is strongest when the car is first started. I have replaced the cabin filter so was looking around trying to figure out what could contribute to it.

Now, when I changed the cabin filter, I noticed in the engine bay a pipe that seemed to come from the intake manifold area and looped around into the cover where you install the cabin filter. So, it seems to me that some intake air is making its way into the cabin via this pipe. As far as I can tell, its called a 'sound system resonator' and its purpose is so you can hear the intake noise better in the cabin.

But I suspect that strange smell is coming from the intake air and I want to do a 'sound system resonator' delete.

What I specifically want to do is remove all of the highlighted blue pieces: the looped pipe and essentially block off where it connects to the intake manifold (see circled part in picture) and also block off where it connects to the cabin filter cover so there is no link between the intake and the cabin.

Has anyone done this before?

RCZ - sound system resonator - remove.jpg