What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sound System Mystery

A

Anonymous

I have a small niggle with my Connect Media System, when I turn the engine off the sound goes off too. According to the manual it should stay on for up to 30 mins if I want it to. I travel on a ferry quite a lot and you have to sit in a queue with the engine off and it would be nice to listen to the radio or to a CD.
However, it was really weird this morning, I was scraping the ice off the windscreen with the engine turned off and the sound system started up all by itself, blasting out "Insomnia" at 6.30 in the morning! How could this happen??
Sarah

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Sarah

You can press the "power on" button on the front of the radio and it will continue playing with the engine off.

Don't know why it started playing this morning, unless you accidentally touched that button.

A

Anonymous

Hi Sarah, I think it is supposed to turn off with the engine. As RCZ1 says just push 'power on' again and you will get radio. The 30 mins is just to preserve battery. As for it switching itsel on this morning no idea.

A

Anonymous

Could it have had something to do with the fact that the track was called 'Insomnia' at that ungodly hour :lol: :lol: :lol: :?:

A

Anonymous

It was bizarre that it was that track that came on. I wasnt even in the car at the time, I was scraping off the ice from the windscreen! Spooky
Thanks for your help guys
Sarah

A

Anonymous

smcfry said:
It was bizarre that it was that track that came on. I wasnt even in the car at the time, I was scraping off the ice from the windscreen! Spooky
Thanks for your help guys
Sarah

Maybe your car is possessed like in that Stephen King book..... :wtf: I think they made a film of it too.. it was called 'Christine' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_(film)