What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Soon to be new owner.....

A

Anonymous

On Tuesday, I expect to pick up my RCZ. It depends if the kerbed wheel is fixed in time, should find out tomorrow about that.

Apart from between November 2004 and March 2010, I have owned Peugeot's since my first one in 1994. I started off with a 'M' 106 Mardi Gras then 'N' 106 Aztec then 'P' 106 XL. Then it was onto 'R' 306 Vivant then 'W' 206 1.4LX before a '51' 206CC 2.0SE which was rejected and replaced with a '02' 206CC 2.0SE.

I then swapped the CC for a new '54' MG ZR in November 2004 which was used for work, that was replaced in June 2006 with a Renault Clio Campus Sport before selling it last November. Alongside the MG ZR and Clio was a Nissan 350Z Roadster that arrived in March 2005 before being traded in for a White Peugeot 308CC GT on 1st March 2010.

Having sold the 2nd car (Clio), I opted for the 308CC instead of waiting on an RCZ as I really needed something practical having only one car.

Unfortunately it was the only real car buying mistake I have made. Loved it when I got it but the legacy of the 350Z meant that it couldn't excite me. Engine problems in March where it was off the road for nearly 4 weeks was the nail in the coffin.

While the 308CC was at the local dealer, I noticed an Amber Red RCZ in the showroom and resisted the temptation of a look - until I was next in a few days later.

The 308CC was a mistake as selling it would mean a massive loss, over £10,000 to be exact. With wanting to spend money elsewhere over the next year or so, I couldn't really afford a new RCZ. It would have to be a GT as I was too used to the similar toys that the 308CC has.

So, for the first time since my first car in 1993, I am reduced to buying a used car :lol:

Hopefully on Tuesday I will pick up a 60 plate RCZ GT 200BHP in Amber Red. It has the integral leather that I also have in the 308CC, Vision Pack and upgrade to 19" Solstice alloys in onyx black.

It has 1400 miles on the clock and is nearly 4 months old. A £6k saving against list price at only £22k helps offset the massive loss on the 308CC.

Here is the 308CC that is going.....

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hope it all goes well for Tuesday. The car certainly looks great and that colour is really set off well by those alloys. Bee will be pleased :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Good pics, really show up the amber red in its true colour. Many pics of this colour look duller than reality. I took my test drive in an amber and it just wasn't for me but still a great colour. Enjoy collecting your baby :clap: .

A

Anonymous

I came up behind a 308cc last night and was curious as to what it was, as it looked really good. Read the badge on the boot and thought to myself that Peugeot really do have some attractive cars out at the moment. I assume that is their cabriolet? Sorry but not really into cars. I tend to just go for lookers with all the toys that stretch my budget. A case of seeing something pass me on the road, think that looks good and then buy one. But you seem to be brand loyal, which I am not. I feel confident that you will just love your Amber when you get her. They really are a fun car to drive and own. Unlike other car forums I am not reading about many recurring faults. So you should be ok on that score this time. I wish you well with your new purchase and many happy miles and smiles/

A

Anonymous

Woo hoo another addition to Scotland! Welcome to the forum!!

A

Anonymous

yes-another amber red, by far the best looker-and yes very pleesed. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz