What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Something fly out off the air vent

OnnRCZ

Reaction score
Anyone know what this thing is?? It flies out off the air vent on the driver side. First I thought it was dust as it came out into small dusty bits but when I take the thing out it sort of mush away.

Attachments

• FE18CCF8-0B86-4358-835D-41C4FD9DFB9D.jpeg
    FE18CCF8-0B86-4358-835D-41C4FD9DFB9D.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 24
  • FEA3EF8F-3B34-4CEB-B286-86DC9F3945F6.jpeg
    FEA3EF8F-3B34-4CEB-B286-86DC9F3945F6.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 24

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Never seen anything like that come out of mine

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope it's not a small rodent that has got into the engine bay... Where do you park it overnight?
If it turns to mush is it a bit of moss growing in the pipeline or some foam filter crumbling away and need of changing...
Let us know how you get on...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
Check/Change the pollen filter to see if there is any crap lodged inside because what goes into the filter ends up in the Air ducts inside the car if clean then poss it may be small particles of mildew from water ingress

VictorCarneiro

Reaction score
This is a piece of rotted out air duct foam seal where the main A/C unit connects to the air vents. This happened to mine 5 years after they changed the A/C unit behind the dash. As the whole dash needed to be disassembled and reassembled back I can only assume that a bit of the foam seal around the main A/C got trapped inside the air vents where they connect to the main AC unit when they were reassembling the dash. Season after season it started to rot it out till it blew through the air ducts. It completely blew off in a few days after it started and then it disappeared. This happened over 2 years ago with me.