What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Soggy bottoms - leather dash care

GuzziGrowler

Reaction score
Purchased a 50k mile Blue 2011 156 THP GT yesterday. Car is in great nick, which is the way I intend to keep her. One of the comments I have read is the ‚leather‘ dash can stretch and sag, particularly around the air vents, clocks.

Any tips on preventative care. Cleaning / conditioning products?

Cheers.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The Leather dash was part of the “extended leather” interior option. I believe it was quite an expensive option with not a massive aesthetic improvement, so not that many took up the option.

Flanners

Reaction score
Few posts on here regarding the leather lifting/sagging. I don't bother puting anything on it, I only use a cloth to wipe off the dash/dust and keep it garaged or out of the sun, which nuke's the leather/dash/adhesive.

Pedro

Reaction score
Peugeot advise to clean & nourish the interior if its leather Carplan is OK I do mine around 3-4 months per year that's on a 200GT & smells very nice!:D

BillyMcR

Reaction score
Purchased a 50k mile Blue 2011 156 THP GT yesterday. Car is in great nick, which is the way I intend to keep her. One of the comments I have read is the ‚leather‘ dash can stretch and sag, particularly around the air vents, clocks.

Cheers.
If it has white stiching it's not leather. If it has black stiching it is.... at first I was disappointed that mines had the white stiching but after seeing some pictures of the mess the real leather can get in im ecstatic I don't

Woodso

Reaction score
Yep glad I don't have leather dash, wipe with a cloth and the jobs a good up. For the seats I use a spray on a leather cleaner then use a leather cleaning wipe to spread and all the lanolin in the wipe comes out. Once dry, rub with a cloth and it comes up lovely.

Derek

Reaction score

Cheers.
Hi I have a full leather dash and i use Printers Silicon spray. Its brilliant and keeps the leather like new.

Pedro

Reaction score
I read up on using silicon spray couple of years ago after someone asked me is it bad to use it on the leather interior apparently over time it can damage the natural oils in the leather & darken the colour of the skins so the Jury is out on that one