What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Software upgrade?

A

Anonymous

Davie said:
Sorry to disagree,my car has worked from day 1, with the standard NG4 3D.i only upgraded with Navteq because it was giving wrong speed limits.
The unit was set up by my dealer.
I shall see what version I have and then follow your instructions to turn on the alerts. Not that we have any speed cameras in North Yorkshire :clap:

A

Anonymous

Davie,

Rcz9191 is basically correct.

No NG4 system comes from the factory running speed camera warnings.

The system has the internal software to run speed camera notifications but the POI file required to make this work is not put in the system by Peugeot......this has to be purchased and downloaded from a website then uploaded into the car. If you didnt do this your dealer did.

Peugeot UK do not support the use of this facility in the Uk due to the data issues in the POI file leading to inacurate speeds at camera site (however the speed notified has in my experience always been lower than the actual speed limit at the camera site). This facility is not advertised by Peugeot UK as a part of the NG4 system and they do not provide the facility in the Uk to buy and download the POI file.

In terms of software versions I have an RCZ in the workshop for PDI that was built on 8/2/12....it software is NG4_D_N32b_N32.05

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Hey RCZGT200

I bought the Risk Zone from Peugeot.navigation.com last night that @peugeorcare directed me too. I downloaded and installed and have seen that the limits are wrong. I have sent an email asking why they're wrong as it is advertised to us in the UK and has the UK on their coverage map.

Keiran

A

Anonymous

That site Is operated by Navteq not Peuegot.

The website Peugeot.COM is a global website for Peugeot not the UK specific Peugeot website.

Peugeot UK disabled their own speed camera website when the issue with the speeds became apparent.

A

Anonymous

Davie said:
Yes you are missing something.
Go to navigation menu
settings
set parameters for risk areas
ok
tick display on map
visual alerts
sound alert.
You should now have safety cameras on your maps.
Best wishes Davie.
I have just attempted to follow these instructions. When I select settings I only get two options
POI settings on map or Street name announcement (tick box)
My car was built 30th July 2011 and is version R26

A

Anonymous

Ron.
I've got "set risk parameters" on mine, but Marcus added or updated the software when i bought the car. :eusa-think:

I would like to update my software but not sure how to do it ? I dont want to mess things up or lose what I've already got :(

I may PM him for advice before going any further :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Ron.
I've got "set risk parameters" on mine, but Marcus added or updated the software when i bought the car. :eusa-think:

I would like to update my software but not sure how to do it ? I dont want to mess things up or lose what I've already got :(

I may PM him for advice before going any further :eusa-think:
He ain't been about too much of late. Must be busy elsewhere

A

Anonymous

Hey

@rcz9191 I was directed there by Peugeot.

I've made a discovery whilst following my Sat Nav this weekend.

When I'm looking at the map all the time with or without directions the speed limits are correct, but if I choose to have the Radio/Media screen up instead that's when the limits are shown incorrectly.

With the map up the camer shows as 40mph which is correct. Same speed camera different view it says 22mph.

Definitely worth a visit to the dealer for that.

Keiran

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
He ain't been about too much of late. Must be busy elsewhere

Yep...I'm 2 members of staff down at the moment which doesn't help in the busiest month of the year AND we are having a full showroom rebuild to split and create separate showrooms for my Peugeot and Citroen franchises (I am the sales manager for our Citroen franchise too). Builders everywhere ripping the place apart is causing some...umm....challenges :eusa-think: Timing isn't great but we are where we are as it has to be done in time for the 208 launch.

The phrase not enough hours in the day springs to mind!!!

We delivered our 7th RCZ of the month on Friday with a few more to go out yet!

I'm still popping by to pick up PM's etc....

Regards

Marcus

Davie

Reaction score
Car went into dealers today,new software availible from Peugeot,should be ready tomorrow.
Having fun in a 107 courtesy car.

A

Anonymous

I have a Citroen C5 (sorry) with the same system and have just been provided the full update which comprises 2 DVDs and a CD, in a Citroen-branded case. This includes the risk areas and the instructions to add them to the unit. I have the same issue with speed limits being mis-calculated (30mph limit is shown as 19mph, 50mph is shown as 31 mph etc)

Citroen Cust Services state these updates are fully supported and the facility to add the risk areas was always within the capabilities of the system. They are NOT loaded at the factory as there are legal constraints in some EU territories, so it is up to the dealer to load them if requested

It seems some firmware versions of the unit do the maths backwards... The latest firmware version is available at no cost (well 1p but Citroen dealers will waive this) BUT the update can only be applied by a dealer and this is not free...

A

Anonymous

I had the latest update done to my NG4 before a left the UK for BWI and it did not fix the speed camera speeds. It did fix the random reset problem though!

I get the camera data from the SCDB website which is abou €8 for the year so represents good value. I long ago learnt to ignore the speeds being wrong. I am more interested in where they are rather than the speed. You get plenty of warning and speed limites in the UK are not exactly difficult, not to mention that they are posted in front of the cameras anyway by law. So I get a camera warning and make sure I am at the posted limited. Not rocket science.....

A

Anonymous

I ought to get this facility put onto my system as it is not currently there. I will be visiting my main dealer for the 10k oil change shortly and so will enquire about it then.

A

Anonymous

With regard to wrong speed display for camera alerts, if you go into settings and change units from miles to kilometres the the unit displays the correct speed limit, not a great fix but it does work, still hoping for some software updates to make the sat nave better than it is but not holding my breath, this is realy a quite basic unit in my opinion sorely tempted to go back to using my old sat nav, far better.