What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Software upgrade?

A

Anonymous

Following on from an earlier topic discussing the Galaxy SII phone not working well with bluetooth, I was wondering if there's a software upgrade available for the 'normal' stereo ..... I wonder if the stereo isn't 100% compatible with the phone as the phone is much newer than the stereo? I thought it would be relatively easy to sort seen as we have a USB input.....

Any thoughts??

A

Anonymous

There has been a software update 'pending' for the NG4 for over 6 months that was supposed to address a whole load of issues including Bluetooth audio streaming that has yet to appear.

I think the normal stereo is updated as part of the car software rather than like the NG4 which is done direct to the unit?

A

Anonymous

I have FIXED the issue regarding the SII and the 'normal' stereo - look at the 'android' post ..... :dance: :dance:

A

Anonymous

There is a software update available, the latest version was released on 18/11/2011 and is version N32b (32.05) for NG4 (Wip Com 3D / Navidrive 3D)

You can order the update CD from any dealer WIP code: 16 073 291 80 and is a hugely expensive £0.01 (yes, 1 pence)

Cheers

A

Anonymous

floatlite said:
There is a software update available, the latest version was released on 18/11/2011 and is version N32b (32.05) for NG4 (Wip Com 3D / Navidrive 3D)

You can order the update CD from any dealer WIP code: 16 073 291 80 and is a hugely expensive £0.01 (yes, 1 pence)

Cheers

Any idea on the changes?

Davie

Reaction score
I have downloaded software update for safety cameras,from Naveq.NG4 3D giving wrong camera info ie 31mph for 50 mph
Navteq informed me that my software should be equal or above R33,mine is R23.Has any one had similar problem.
Peugeot say they havnt had any complaints.My car is a RCZ HDI 2010

pete.garratt

Reaction score
This is a know 'feature, and, AIUI, why Peugeot themselves no longer support speed camera data in the UK.

I got a response from one of the data base companies and they said something like:

What happens is, the mph get converted to kph, rounded down to the nearest kph and the get re-converted to mph.

By my maths, 40 mph = 64.37 kmh, rounded to 60 kph = 37.28 mph, displayed as 37 mph - & this is what I see om my NG4.

A

Anonymous

I am not really fussed about the errors in the speed indications. I am just interested in the camera locations. As the holder of a full driving licence I am perfectly capable of working out the correct speed limit and the camera locations are warned in plenty of time. It's not rocket science......

A

Anonymous

I I had paid all that money (for the NG4), I'd be a bit miffed if it didn't work pefectly too.

A

Anonymous

Telford Steve said:
I I had paid all that money (for the NG4), I'd be a bit miffed if it didn't work pefectly too.

It's not a fault with the NG4, its a fault with the data.....

Davie

Reaction score
Dear Mr Shiney,i have paid £1400 for an NG4 3d system,£6.99 for an upgrade,all i ask is that the unit does what it is supposed to do,ie give correct speed limits at camera locations.
Even a basic Tom Tom does that.

A

Anonymous

Davie said:
Dear Mr Shiney,i have paid £1400 for an NG4 3d system,£6.99 for an upgrade,all i ask is that the unit does what it is supposed to do,ie give correct speed limits at camera locations.
Even a basic Tom Tom does that.
Am I missing something here ? As I too have the same system as you have and mine doesn't give speed limits or camera locations. (not as far as I am aware of at least) So presumably you have acquired these features via the "upgrade" that you refer to. This being the case then surely you cannot claim that the NG4 system is not doing what it is supposed to. If you are asking it to do something that it didn't do when it left the factory.

Davie

Reaction score
Yes you are missing something.
Go to navigation menu
settings
set parameters for risk areas
ok
tick display on map
visual alerts
sound alert.
You should now have safety cameras on your maps.
Best wishes Davie.

A

Anonymous

Davie said:
Yes you are missing something.
Go to navigation menu
settings
set parameters for risk areas
ok
tick display on map
visual alerts
sound alert.
You should now have safety cameras on your maps.
Best wishes Davie.

Davie,

I think you are missing Rons point

This is not a standard feature of the NG4 and cannot simply be turned on like you suggest as the NG4 does not leave the factory with a speed camera database file in it.

The only way an NG4 has a speed camera database in it is if there has been a file downloaded into a system after the car has left the factory.

Peugeot UK do not support the speed camera file as it gives incorrect speeds at camera location.

Peugeot UK do not advertise this as a feature of the system for this reason.

A

Anonymous

Rcz9191 said:
I think you are missing Rons point

This is not a standard feature of the NG4 and cannot simply be turned on like you suggest as the NG4 does not leave the factory with a speed camera database file in it.

The only way an NG4 has a speed camera database in it is if there has been a file downloaded into a system after the car has left the factory.

Peugeot UK do not support the speed camera file as it gives incorrect speeds at camera location.

Peugeot UK do not advertise this as a feature of the system for this reason.

So if I follow Davie's instructions over the weekend, I will not achieve anything ? I have not uploaded/downloaded anything other than music onto/into the system. So as you say Rcz9191 my point remains that it is unfair to criticise the NG4 for not doing something well, when it was not intended to do it at all, in the first place.

Davie

Reaction score
Sorry to disagree,my car has worked from day 1, with the standard NG4 3D.i only upgraded with Navteq because it was giving wrong speed limits.
The unit was set up by my dealer.

A

Anonymous

Hey Davie

Does the NG4 give correct speeds if you use the official Peugeot NavTeq risk areas?

Keiran

Davie

Reaction score
No,according to Navteq,The software should be R33 Quat,mine is R23,the dealer is contacting me on monday,witha a view to upgrade system.
This process has been a pain,i have been trying to sort this out for weeks.
I contacted Peugeot customer care last week,they said the dealer should be able to give the correct upgrade to R33.
This is the reply i received from Navteq-For accurate risk area alerts information when using as a metric,your navigation system software version must be equal or above R33 please contact your dealer for possible software upgrade.