What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

So I got a new car ...

A

Anonymous

... and it's not a TT!

I've been lurking here for a while, few posts here and there - finally got a Pearl White 200 THP.

Currently only has 133km on it, so far I'm quite impressed - I really was expecting it to be a much harsher ride on 19", reading comments here. Running on Malaysian highways, seems a well sorted ride. I haven't tried throwing it round corners yet, but the engine does respond really well ... I know I should really be running this in for the first 1000km, but it's just too tempting to let the engine loose - I redlined it coming out from a toll plaza! Er, I do hope there's a rev limiter on this thing now. I've set the speed limiter to 110kph - don't really think I can afford too many tickets!

Stock DRLs really don't fit the car, I mean, YELLOW BULBS? Ordered the recommended 380 canbus 92's from autobulb direct (slightly cheaper for me in total price + postage vs hids4u).

Took a while to figure out how to connect the bluetooth to my iPhone - turns out when the radio is asking for the code, it wants me to enter a code that I then need to key in on my iPhone. I've found that A2DP works better than iPhone in iPod mode, as noted elsewhere on the forum iPod/iPhone connected via cable tends to break up a bit. Maybe I'll just stick things on a memstick, since those are cheap anyway and I can leave it plugged into USB.

Only downside so far is my son wants to paint the car black!

Attachments

• Not_a_TT.jpg
    Not_a_TT.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 720
A

Anonymous

:greetings-wavingblue: glad you are happy with your new car . yes a usb stick is a lot beter for youe music :beer:

A

Anonymous

Hi,

That's a beauty!

Tell your Son to go play outside...(So long as it's safe!)

Drive and have fun!

Davie

A

Anonymous

Update: Silica Coat

Just sent my car for a silica coating to protect the paint. The shop here is called Sierra Glow, using some product from Japan - don't know who the OEM for his coating is. This was recommended to me by my friends, the coat on his brother's Golf GTI is still going strong after 3 years. Really a godsend for people like me who don't have the time/patience for full weekend detailing, especially in Malaysian weather.

Next stop, Car Tinting shop - car gets HOT under 35+ Celsius sun, especially the double bubble. (Due to local regs, rear bubble glass factory tint is minimal)