What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

So Called Southerners

tianorth

Reaction score
As I have been down on the south coast for a few years now (Yes I'm still a northerner), it is a little too far to travel for the Up North gatherings (though I could do it).

Would a few of these "So Called Southerners" be interested in possibly a small gathering.

I have never been to any club gatherings before so I'm not too sure on what goes on or where.......

I am in Fareham near Portsmouth, so if anyone (even on there travels) wants to go for a gathering I would be interested. Although I have lived down here for a few years I still don't know the area so any suggestions of good places to go (whilst I'm out of a job) and visit (possibly with good backdrops for photo opportunities) would be appreciated.

A query for possibly the moderators :- Are there any listing of (or map) people in the various areas eg South, North, Far North, South West etc so meets can be setup possibly easier.
I would like to know if there are other RCZ owners from the forum living nearby

RCZ1

Reaction score
It would be good to have a Southern meet (or a Welsh meet, or Scottish meet or any meet come to that). It just needs someone to take the bull by the horns and set to organising something.

I'd never attended or organised a Meet until I organised the first Yorkshire meet, 3 years ago.

Drumming up interest is the hard part. Usually food gets people interested. So a nice place to have something to eat and drink and a good chin wag as well as somewhere to have a drive in convoy to really get passing motorists and pedestrians gawping :) of couse plenty of photographs are essential ! Of course the main things is to choose a date for the meet. This can be done by posting a poll with suitable dates to choose from.

Unfortunately we do not have a list of who is where. It is up to the forum members to complete this information in their user control panel and which shows under their name, when logged on.

Good luck with your quest :)

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

evening..
I'm a so called southerner!!!!! not to far up the m3 at Basingstoke.. I'd be up for a meet, What about southsea parade!

Diggerd

tianorth

Reaction score
Short notice I know but if you like your RCZ you'd be committed :p

Say about 1 pm on Saturday 14th June 2014

Just a quick meet and greet sort of thing.

Anyone else interested????

A destination not too far from Southampton or Basingstoke!

How about M3 J11 Hockley Link, there are 2 long laybys and can be accessed from either direction of the M3?

Then we can decide to go from there if required?

Hope to see you then - Chris

Attachments

• M3 J11 (2).png
    M3 J11 (2).png
    253.6 KB · Views: 5,324
A

Anonymous

great idea but i'd need abit more notice. my weekend are full for the month or so in prep for a charity walk.

diggerd

tianorth

Reaction score
I'll be there, probably hang round for about an hour, see if anyone else turn up.

Might make it a monthly thing just to get a group of RCZ together down south.

I know its short notice, but its just something to get the "bull rolling" or "the ball by the horns" sort of thing :p

A

Anonymous

Would love to hook up with some Southern RCZ'rs within striking distance of Bristol. Struggling with free weekends for the immediate future but will definitely come along if I can get there. Used to do loads of same make meets when u was a biker so feel like I'm missing out. :-!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

tianorth

Reaction score
Just a short re-cap then

Saturday 14th June 2014 - the Layby on the A3090 adjacent to M3.

I will be there for about 1 hour (from about 1pm to 2pm ish), if anyone else wants to turn up.

I don't know the area too well but this area is very accessible from M3 North or South.

Will do it again, out away from cities/towns as I prefer the open roads.

I did think of meeting at Tesco at J10 but was thinking about getting back out as it can be a pain.

Yes I know its short notice but all the other RCZ I've seen, I've not been able to talk to their owners, had a few odd looks from passing people when I've been talking to the cars though :p

A

Anonymous

Now the summer is finally here, i like the suggestion of a Southsea meet.
Plenty of places to meet and park, and perhaps a drive along the seafront.

Go for it, just name the day, and invite other areas in case any interest exists from other areas.

Neil.

A

Anonymous

HI hey damn right i am up for southern meets picking my rcz up this week cannot wait