What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Snow foam

howardf

Reaction score
Hi
Treated myself to a karcher k4 compact from karcher outlet last week.
Now I,m looking for as snow lance and snow foam. Im a complete novice at cleaning but i,m a fan of autosmart having been using topaz and highstyle thanks to tip offs from here.

Has anyone tried autosmart high foam, autobight superfoam or valetpro pH neutral snow foam.
Don't want to strip off wax!

Also any thoughts on an OK foam lance...?
Thanks...H

RCZ1

Reaction score
Snow foam lances are much of a muchness so places like Clean Your Car or Ultimate Finish sell them, amongst others.

You have to be careful with the Autosmart snow foams as they are quite aggressive and will strip wax. Valet pro ADVANCED pH snow foam is better than the standard snow foam but I find it works better when used in something like a chemical sprayer. It cleans better that way.

I like to use Car Chem snow foam and when the car is really dirty in winter I like to use Gyeon Foam. It's more expensive than most but 1L bottle lasers me a while.

I've attached a video of Gyeon Foam in action.
Please also remember that snow foam is a pre wash so will not make your car squeaky clean when you use. It's not an alternative to cleaning your car with shampoo and water. You still have to do both. Show foam softens the dirt and grime on your car as you leave it to dwell for 5 minutes or 15 minutes (depending on the snow foam). Use the power wash to aid cleaning your car when rinsing the snow foam off. Rinsing from bottom to top as the snow foam still on the car will aid the cleaning process. Spend a good 5-10 minutes power washing the snow foam off before starting to wash the car with your chosen shampoo.

https://vimeo.com/142812732

howardf

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply....
If only car cleaning was a quick as your video!
II have had a quick look for the car chem snow foam....on the car chem site it shows 2! Snow foam and pH neutral snow foam. Both say will not strip sealants or wax. Stick with the standard orange one?
Is this the best place to buy it from?
Sorry for so many questions...thanks...H

A

Anonymous

Homebase actually had some Karcher snow foam lances half price a couple of weeks ago ( Exeter ) don't know if they were getting rid of old stock of a national deal .

RCZ1

Reaction score
howardf said:
Thanks for your reply....
If only car cleaning was a quick as your video!
II have had a quick look for the car chem snow foam....on the car chem site it shows 2! Snow foam and pH neutral snow foam. Both say will not strip sealants or wax. Stick with the standard orange one?
Is this the best place to buy it from?
Sorry for so many questions...thanks...H

This is the one I have but either of them would be fine.
http://car-chem.com/store/car-care-exte ... -foam-5tlr

But buy from here
http://www.remyrocshop.co.uk/carchem-sn ... t-42-p.asp
which is a bit cheaper. Try code ROC15 for a discount but it might not work.

RCZ 22 said:
Homebase actually had some Karcher snow foam lances half price a couple of weeks ago ( Exeter ) don't know if they were getting rid of old stock of a national deal .

The snow foam lances that come with power washers are not very good. Not enough power in them. Best to buy a "proper" snow foam lance