What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

SMUDGY WIPERS TIPS PLEASE

A

Anonymous

I'm find that my wipers are shuddering and noisy, i have cleaned the screen with glass cleaner and tried using Gardx water repellent but they are still the same, in fact they seemed worse after the Gardx ?

Any tips please as it's getting me down , especially with this Welsh weather.

NB. Gardx water repellent is a pig to buff clean, it leaves awful smudges that you have to clean off with a glass cleaner, so basicaly you are then removing the repellent, i guess ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi jactac

Did you make sure that you cleaned your wiper blades really thoroughly? Any sort of grease on them will cause juddering. Clean the blades again then apply some screen wash to them and wipe it in. Hopefully this will resolve your problem.

A

Anonymous

I normally find that gardx or rainx make in worse and I only use glass cleaner and glass polish.

A

Anonymous

JacTac,

I share the same weather with you.

Use RainX.
You don't even need the wipers on with this stuff on your front / rear screens (except when stopped at a roundabout / junction).

It funnels into the middle of the rear screen and then glides off.

Don't forget to keep re-applying every so often, as a number of people think that it's a one-time, life-long application.

Perfect on a day like today (persisting down here all morning so far).

A

Anonymous

RCZ1, i did clean the the blades and the screen thoroughly, but i will give it another clean now and the blades.

Gorwell, so your in Neath eh, 5 mins away from me, im in Llansamlet, do you find that Rainx is a pain to buff off after applying ? because Gardx is a nightmare to buff off. it leaves terrible smudges.

I may just do what RCZ1 and Lynsey do, just give them a good clea and polish, i think the Gardx is the problem, it does let the rain flow off but if the wipers are needed the noise and juddering are a pain.

The rear window definitely needs something on it though because the rain just sits there, so i may try Rainx on that if its easier to apply and buff off.

A

Anonymous

I've been using Rain-X for about 5 years now.
Brilliant find - I love it :clap:

Make sure you put plenty on, leave for a couple of minutes and then wipe off with some Kitchen Roll.
No hard buffing / effort and works a dream.

You won't believe your eyes the first time you see standing rain on the rear screen, funnel into the middle and then "zoom" off. Even when it's raining, the rear screen looks completely dry.

Don't tip it on your Bodywork though :roll:

Never used Gard-X so can't comment sorry.

A

Anonymous

hi jactac im from caerphilly so i must be having the same weather as you and i use autoglym fast glass ive used this on my cars for the last 10 years and i find it doesent smudge and rain just beads off it you dont even ofto put wipers on when its raining the rain just beads off your windscreen.great stuff wipers just glide over it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Enzo, i will give it a go, my son works in Halfords so he can pick one up today for me.
I use a lot of Autoglym products, i think they are one of the best on the market, but i have'nt tried their "fast glass" :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi jactac

If you want to use something different and brilliant, use G- Techniq G1. It is THE water repellent. Puts Rain -x in the shade by a mile! Only need to apply it once and it lasts 2 years or 20k miles. It works on our steeply raked screens at 25 mph and at higher speeds is phenomenal. I've hardly used my wipers since I got the car in October. At most 1 hour in total - and that's no lie!

I put 3 layers on the windscreen and rear window and 1 layer on side windows.

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/ki ... creen-kit/

This kit contains a polish to thoroughly clean the windows and then the G1 and a small bottle of G2, which helps to remove any residue after G1.

Husband has had it on his Discovery for a year now and he absolutely loves it. It impresses everyone who sees it in action and as a bonus it also helps tp stop ice and frost forming on your windscreen in the winter

A

Anonymous

Rcz, you hit on a good point there,

I think i've put too much Gardx on !!!!!

Being a new car, i've washed it nearly every other day and then applied the Gardx to the screen at every wash . :oops: :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Another way is to cut an apple in half and wipe the blade with the cut side of the apple. An old trick to make the blade more supple. I'm also really fussy on smears on the windscreen/windows and only ever use a small amount of vinegar on newspaper. The newspaper ensure no smears as it absorbs all the moisture