What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Smoking diesel

Reaction score
Hi Guys just a quick one, any ideas why my hdi diesel has started to throw out quite a bit of smog out the exhausts, started last night but seems ok this morning, lost no power driving a dream, any thoughts.

A

Anonymous

what colour is the smoke? That should narrow it down a bit

A

Anonymous

Could it have been the DPF regerating or whatever it's called. Ie clearing out the soot from the filter?

Reaction score
it's black that's comming out the back but that would make sense Ron as it's ok today, nearly had a heart attack when i saw it, it's now booked in for it's service in August. Thanks for the info much appreciated. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

if you have been doing a lot of steady rpm drivng or a lot of town driving then maybe a wee bit of spirited driving will blow the cobwebs out the ol' girl..

Reaction score
Thanks Figo I'm going out Sunday to do just that I knew it was coming up to that time to blow the cobwebs out of her :thumbup: