What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Smoke

Alexc2505

Reaction score
On idle if I blip the throttle I'm getting a puff of dark smoke on my diesel, is this normal ? Doesn't seem to smoke if I'm driving normally or on tick over.
Done 31000 miles just been serviced .

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Could be the dpf. Try taking it for a full blast, lots of revs. See if that improves things.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I would say needs a good old blast :thumbup:

Alexc2505

Reaction score
Has a blast every day, 45 miles down the M5 and back.

Alexc2505

Reaction score
Just stuck it in fourth and did 20 miles at 3500 revs, hopefully that's done it

Plecodoras

Reaction score
When was the last time you took it to 170 ?

Just kidding but you need to get the DPF filter absolutely glowing to burn all the sutt off.

Lots of diesel cars spew the odd cloud at start up, it's when they are going down the road and it's puffing out that you need to worry, this is a sign of oil burning, usually past the piston rings and into the combustion chamber and hence the blue smoke. On start up it's not such a worry, though this is why they are historically called smelly diesels. We have a van at work and it stinks when it's sat ticking over.

Give it a right good blast, 3500 aint kicking it, the turbo will only just be spurting into action.

:thumbup: