What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Smoke & slight miss when warm - Help

RCZROS

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone can help. My RCZ 200 failed its MOT on a smokey exhaust. Its totally fine until its warmed up - then it starts white smoke a bit (really not bad) then a slight pop every now & again.

Doesnt use any coolant, oil use may be a bit high but from reading here they do that anyway!
The rockercover PCV and the spark plugs have been replaced. No lights on dash.

Thanks, Rosie

RCZROS

Reaction score
Thank you I feared that, any idea on rough cost?. Its a shame its only on 76k.

The misfire is barely noticeable could it be it burning the oil thats getting past the seal? I'll try buy one coil pack and we can swap it out on each cylinder to see which it helps on.

Pedro

Reaction score
Changing the seals shouldn't be too expensive they only need to remove certain parts nothing major as for coil packs try swopping them around first to see if you can find any misfire on a cylinder?

BobM

Reaction score
Changing the seals shouldn't be too expensive they only need to remove certain parts nothing major as for coil packs try swopping them around first to see if you can find any misfire on a cylinder?
I think i need to get this done too. Thinking about getting all the gaskets seals done ETC. Something like the vid below. Do you think it is a good idea?

Pedro

Reaction score
Depends on what needs doing changing oil seals for oil loss might cure it but carbon build up plagues these engines & if valves are slightly open oil can escape from the chambers through valve guides regarding gaskets I would steer well clear of taking gaskets off unless you have leaks owners who complain of rocker covers persistently leaking are a good example of poor mechanical remedies