What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

smells like trouble

A

Anonymous

car went into dealers today ; been having the smell of petrol now after fill up for months : not been over filling it : :crazy: the technician can smell it / took back wheel off below nozle but cant find anything : verdict booked in for two days next week with a view to having a better look , dropping the tank out and possibility of a new tank to be fitted if and when the part is available :thumbdown: anyone else had simalar issues ( garage is integral so smell drifts through house and bedroom above ) keep you all posted :roll: :cry:

A

Anonymous

smell = petrol vapour mate, if you have that drfiting through your house thats dangerous

A

Anonymous

want to be careful there, you RCZ may get damaged. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

dealer just rang and said they will be loaning us a 163 sport rcz while ours is with them told them i would not be happy if they landed us with a 106 so it must have worked

A

Anonymous

dealer found the problem today should have the car back with us tomorrow post report then and other stuff...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa-shhh: ;)

A

Anonymous

well all good news the rubber seal round the petrol gauge in the tank had been creased on assembly and was trapping a little petrol hence the smell of petrol :thumbup: the fix was drop the tank and replace the rubber seal . got car back today all seems fine :clap: but now i have another problem :? whilst in for the 2 day fix dealer gave us a 200 gt on the 11 plate :crazy: well i thought the 156 was good but the 200 awesome :-D never test drove one before we bought the 156 but the mid range power on the 200 QUICK did not want to take it back now what ?? do i trade the 156 in the dealer will cut me a deal after 3 months on the demo i borrowed MANY SLEEPLESS NIGHTS !!!! if they had borrowed me the 207 would not have had this problem !!.. love the 156 but the 200 when drove steals your heart :? :? :?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Glad you got your problem sorted mel :thumbup:

With regards to your second problem, that's one to mull over and weigh up the pros and cons. I, like you, didn't have a test drive either so the 156 is fine for me. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mel said:
well all good news the rubber seal round the petrol gauge in the tank had been creased on assembly and was trapping a little petrol hence the smell of petrol :thumbup: the fix was drop the tank and replace the rubber seal . got car back today all seems fine :clap: but now i have another problem :? whilst in for the 2 day fix dealer gave us a 200 gt on the 11 plate :crazy: well i thought the 156 was good but the 200 awesome :-D never test drove one before we bought the 156 but the mid range power on the 200 QUICK did not want to take it back now what ?? do i trade the 156 in the dealer will cut me a deal after 3 months on the demo i borrowed MANY SLEEPLESS NIGHTS !!!! if they had borrowed me the 207 would not have had this problem !!.. love the 156 but the 200 when drove steals your heart :? :? :?
Glad you got it sorted - that's quite an conundrum you have now! :lol:

A

Anonymous

just like to add the service department was first class and the sales have been great in loaning me the 200 not sure what the brief was on which car they normally loan out to rcz owners but a big thankyou to arbury lichfield for a first class service :clap:

A

Anonymous

The 156 is a very fine car but I opted for the 200 for the torque...for such small displacement the mid range is very impressive, so much so you can drive at 30mph in 6th no problems. Either way though all RCZ's are special :) as are their drivers for making such a great choice :). I can honestly say no car has given me so much pleasure (and my list is quite long)