What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Small oil leak

A

Anonymous

My car just had its first service (2 year). When I picked the car up I was told I had a slight oil leak and found on further investigation that the leak was around the cam belt pulley which had started to come loose :wtf: stupid thing is a couple of weeks before I spotted a small amount of oil on my drive, no bigger that a 10p and thought nothing of it :eusa-think: thank god the mechanic found this problem as there was no other symptoms and could of resulted in either a new engine or expensive repair :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Phew...that was a sharp eyed spot by your dealership and a lucky escape perhaps! I'm so pleased to hear that that particular bullet was dodged!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Phew...that was a sharp eyed spot by your dealership and a lucky escape perhaps! I'm so pleased to hear that that particular bullet was dodged!
I think I've been very lucky, I do a lot of motorway driving at the weekend and clock around 500 miles, I don't think I will ignore a spot of oil again :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Well thank you for sharing what you found out! :thumbup: I'll certainly be keeping an eagle eye out for any signs of any oil leaks now no matter how minor!!

A

Anonymous

Had a brake fluid change today and it was reported to me by the service mechanic at peugeot that I have 2 small oil weeps. As he put it.
1 around the sump area & 1 around the the transmission area.
Car booked in for the 14th May and told it will take 2 to 3 days to repair .:shock:

A

Anonymous

Ian68 said:
Had a brake fluid change today and it was reported to me by the service mechanic at peugeot that I have 2 small oil weeps. As he put it.
1 around the sump area & 1 around the the transmission area.
Car booked in for the 14th May and told it will take 2 to 3 days to repair .:shock:

This is concerning! Wonder if I can book mine in to get them to check it out to see if I have a similar issue (and not be charged if I haven't!!). Only had it serviced 3 months ago mind :eusa-think:

Assume your car was showing no signs/issues?

A

Anonymous

What engines are these please? Would be good to know the common factors on problems people experience as it helps people build an overall picture of reliability of a particular engine rather than just the rcz as a whole.

A

Anonymous

dand87
May I just point out that my car is driving perfectly ok with no other issues and no low oil warning.:grin:

A

Anonymous

Ian68 said:
dand87
May I just point out that my car is driving perfectly ok with no other issues and no low oil warning.:grin:

Interesting :eusa-think: Will get mine booked in over the next few months. Cheers for sharing.

A

Anonymous

When I questioned the mechanic about it. He did say it was mere weep of a oil leek and not dripping.
So I think it was well spotted by them.

A

Anonymous

Ian68 said:
When I questioned the mechanic about it. He did say it was mere weep of a oil leek and not dripping.
So I think it was well spotted by them.

But thats what I would expect of any mechanic, not just to look at the area he has to work on but to check and carry out a visual inspection of the whole engine if he is working in that area, so many are blinkerd and just vocus on the job in hand.
Most invoices state that everything was checked and tested which is what I pay for.

Fair play to your dealer sounds like you have a good one, due to the mechanics who work there. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

How many "real" mechanics are there working in franchises these days though? The majority of them these days seem only to be experts in reading fault codes of diagnostic machines. :sad: Sadly it's increasingly rare to find a mechanic that actually scratches knows how to do more than this.

A

Anonymous

Nigh on the same fault as Adele. No oil on the driveway but car went in for first service today after 2 years and I mentioned I was getting a burning rubber smell. Answer I got back was this small oil leak due to be fixed within the week.

A

Anonymous

Looks to me that this might be a fault with the 200, think anyone with this engine should make sure that a full inspection is carried out when they take their car for the two year service :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Cam belt pulley loosening.....I'm confused as the THP engine uses a timing chain not a belt.

Did you get the timing checked on the engine at the same time? Reading up on different forums for the other vehicles that use the same engine, the timing chain sprockets loosening has been known to mess up the engine timing as the sprockets are held in place purely with friction on a tapered thread with no keyway to locate the sprocket on the shaft.