What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

slightly worried about residuals

A

Anonymous

I went into my dealer (arnold clark) to get another look in an RCZ because Im so excited to get mine, and I was rather shocked to discover a 60 plate GT in black with 19 inch alloys, leather etc and 2000 miles on the clock going to £18,495 thats quite a drop considering there are not many second hand models available. Its put a slight dampener on me waiting for an RCZ plus the dealer said it had been up for sale for 2 weeks I thought people would have been biting his hand off to get an RCZ without the wait? :thumbdown: :cry:

A

Anonymous

Hi RCZ146

Don't be blue - you wouldn't want a second-hand one would you? I suppose it depends on how long you plan to keep it. I plan to have mine for a good few years - I love him and have bonded with him (that applies to the car as well as the hubby!). Just enjoy your brand spanking new one when you get it and don't worry about the price of second hand ones until you have to. As soon as you sit in yours it will all be wonderful - don't worry :thumbup:

Cheers
Scarlet

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
Hi RCZ146

Don't be blue - you wouldn't want a second-hand one would you? I suppose it depends on how long you plan to keep it. I plan to have mine for a good few years - I love him and have bonded with him (that applies to the car as well as the hubby!). Just enjoy your brand spanking new one when you get it and don't worry about the price of second hand ones until you have to. As soon as you sit in yours it will all be wonderful - don't worry :thumbup:

Cheers
Scarlet
I totally agree...once you're behind the wheel you'll be thinking, how long can I keep this beautiful machine? I don't think I've ever been so infatuated with a new car as I am with Freddie. Every time I come back to it I just can't help admiring it and hoping people are looking at it with envy in their hearts :lol: .

A

Anonymous

t110jim said:
don't call your rcz it !!!
Sorry, for years I've refused to give a car either a name or a gender so old habits die hard :( .

A

Anonymous

RCZ146 said:
60 plate GT in black with 19 inch alloys, leather etc and 2000 miles on the clock going to £18,495

Which arnold clark dealer is this? Thats so dirt cheap, we sold our 10 plate 163 with 5k on for a lot more than that!

A

Anonymous

The only RCZ on Arnold Clark's website (60 plate GT 163, black) is £22,495....

FGRob

Reaction score
I'm not particularly worried about that price, remember you really need to take the VAT of the price of a new car to get an idea of the second hand value, which would put a 156 GT around £19.5K, I suppose it really depends if the car was pre-owned or not, because I'm sure Peugeot would not be very happy to see the ex-demo being sold off at that price. But then again in the current ecomonic climate most garages will sell there arm and leg, plus yours as well to move cars.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

A dealer wouldnt be in a position to sell a 60 plate demo yet. It must be a minimum of 90 days old before it can be sold. If they are sold before 90 days (if you even take a tiny deposit on it ) peugeot claw back any support they gave the dealer on the car.

A

Anonymous

Could you please explain what "10 plate" or "60 plate" means? I'm not an English-speaking native :)

A

Anonymous

ruffryder said:
Could you please explain what "10 plate" or "60 plate" means? I'm not an English-speaking native :)
It's the up-to-date car registrations for mainland UK dependant on what part of the UK the car's registered in so it indicates what year the car is, i.e '10' means 2010, '60' is the latter part of 2010 for some areas. Confusing, I know :crazy: .

nastro azzurro

Reaction score
'Peugeot RCZ residuals smash all predictions' quote from Autocar magazine 24 November.
The article states that typically on a 10 plate with around 8000 miles they fetched 92% of their original list price while one 200THP with 6000 miles on the clock sold to the trade for £23,500 having only lost 3% of its original price.
These where sold at a closed auction so one would assume they all went tothe trade.

A

Anonymous

How much do Peugeot intend building / year

In particular how much are coming to the UK?

My folks bought a 407 Coupe, fully specced up and with only 2,000 miles on the clock and that had shed nearly £10,000 of its initial price in the space of 4 months. Bargin for them... not so much for the poor bloke that had traded it in! :lol:

A

Anonymous

My view is that in around 3 years when most people will be looking to Trade-In, we'll be looking at around £8k Part-Ex.

That's based on average mileage, good condition, fully Peugeot Serviced, etc.

You shouldn't really be looking to purchase this car thinking about it's potential Residual Value - IMHO.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to disagree Gorwell but all the industry pundits are predicting residual values of around 46% with the Audi TT coming in at a slightly better 48% so on that basis a 3 year old £25000 GT should be worth around £11500.The figures are supplied by CAP the industry leader in forecasting vehicle residuals.
So all in all much better news :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
How much do Peugeot intend building / year

In particular how much are coming to the UK?

My folks bought a 407 Coupe, fully specced up and with only 2,000 miles on the clock and that had shed nearly £10,000 of its initial price in the space of 4 months. Bargin for them... not so much for the poor bloke that had traded it in! :lol:

Globally around 20,000 / yr (I think) with around 2,000 coming to UK in 2010, and 4,000 each year thereafter. So, all in all, reasonably rare (I saw a Top Gear episode where Clarkson compared the annual sales of the Mondeo ST220 - around 900 - to an Aston Martin DB9 - just over a thousand).

A

Anonymous

I'd be pleased with that.

Still not convinced that the Forecast will live up to the Reality though.

Interesting to see the figures though, am surprised to see the TT at only 48%.
Probably due to the large numbers sold.

Have to say I'm more surprised to see the RCZ at 46%.
Hope it pans out, although this does seem very high for a Peugeot.

Another benefit of owning a Peugeot is after all these years of not being able to spell Pegueot, I can now spell Peugeot.

A

Anonymous

AndyH said:
Sorry to disagree Gorwell but all the industry pundits are predicting residual values of around 46% with the Audi TT coming in at a slightly better 48% so on that basis a 3 year old £25000 GT should be worth around £11500.The figures are supplied by CAP the industry leader in forecasting vehicle residuals.
So all in all much better news :thumbup:

Here here, my old FRV, which does not have the best residuals went for £7500 after 3 1/2 years and 84000 miles and cost £20k new.

A

Anonymous

Hi Gorwell,

I think the predicted residuals will turn out to be accurate, as all fleet lease deals and indeed dealership PCP deals will be based around the values (i.e the balloon/final payment) Basically if they are along way out then a lot of funding providers will lose their shirts :!: