What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Slight stutter - diagnose anyone?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have no fault code for this, but I can feel the engine stutter just minor under load and accelerating.

I will try and change the plugs tomorrow (didn't have the stupid XZN 14mm socket today) and test again tomorrow.

Also have 4 new coils, but do you assume that intermittant misfires in the coils will always throw an error code?

I wil also replace the octopus with the thermostat inside, since it is stuck open. Why on earth didn't they make the bimetal valve an exchangeable part and instead cast it inside the €400 plastic octopus?

I may also have a malfunctioning aux coolant pump, since I get the charging system fault error in the instrument, but I hope I know more tomorrow after reading off fault codes. (The current level is OK and the battery holds charge as far as I can see).

Bjørnar
Norway

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

tianorth

Reaction score
Could be a number of factors :-

eg fuel quality ie supermarket standard 95 ron or Shell Nitro v-power 99 ron for petrol or similar for diesel, (other petrol companies have similar types of premium fuels), unclean air filter, could be spark plugs require cleaning as they may be "sooted up".

It's quite a long time since I worked on petrol engines so out of practice of what can go wrong with them.

Hope you get it fixed and running smoothly.

A

Anonymous

Thanks,
Run the same gas as on my AMG from a high-volume station, and the RCZ goes through more gas than the Merc, so I think the gas is OK.

We'll see after the plug and coil exchange.

thornebt

Reaction score
I replaced the coolant outlet housing (the part with built in thermostat) on my 1.6THP and it cost me £40 from Ebay. It's easy to find them if you include 'Mini Cooper S' in the search, the part number is the same (for my RCZ anyway). It was a bit of a fiddly job but like a lot of these things would be quite straightforward when you've done it once. It's useful to have a light and a mirror on a stick so you can see what it's all about!

A

Anonymous

Just replaced the coolant outlet octopus. Fiddly indeed.
Also replaced the plugs and coils.
Havent patched it up yet as I have a faulty coolant pump and will try and source a new tomorrow before finishing.