What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

SIM card

A

Anonymous

My first post.
Got a new 156 200 THP a few weeks ago and since purchase it has brought up a sim card error since no card is in the carrier in central armrest.
Do any others know if this should have been fitted or whether it is up to me to provide a sim as my dealer tells me.
PS it is top spec satnav model.
Thanks,
Ian

A

Anonymous

Hi Ian

It's up to you to put a SIM card in the slot. I just stuck in a free PAYG SIM card in there with a few quid on it (just remember to make a chargeable call with it once every 6 months cos most mobile operators will deactivate SIMs with no chargeable calls). I connect my usual mobile to the car using bluetooth. You can chose to use either the SIM card or the bluetooth phone. It's a bit annoying but it asks every time you turn on the engine whether you want to select the internal SIM.

Apparently if you have an accident or need to call Peugeot assist, then it will call via the SIM in the armrest - though I am not 100% certain this is fully rolled-out in europe.

HTH

Dave

A

Anonymous

Thank you - funny the things they don't tell you when they show you all the wonderful features of the car!