What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

silver roof bars

dingley48

Reaction score
whats the best way to remove the blotching on the roof bars and to protect it love the colour and do not want to have them wrapped thanks in advance

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hello Dingley,

there are several posts on the forum that cover the silver arches and how best to keep them clean, BUT and there is always a but....
It depends on what state they are in because not only are they a prat to keep good, they also are affected by corrosion from under the lacquer, so without pictures it's hard to answer or give a definitive reply because you could be talking about corrosion and we could be advising about splotches etc...
Have a delve into the best forum for the RCZ, you will find many answers to many questions.

And remember, we aren't just here for the faults, we like to see other RCZ's and what peeps are doing with them, we also have meets, next year for example is the tenth year anniversary of the great Z and much is a foot for a day to remember...... and we want as many RCZ's as we can muster, so tell your mate / your next door neighbour / your dentist and dare I say it - your hairdresser.... we want you all - LOL!!!!

dingley48

Reaction score
thanks for that definitely not corrosion just had my 19" wheels refurbed and colour changed to a medium metallic grey looks the nuts as the rest of z is almost black calipers to be painted next red its only the 156 gt but looking at having the quad exhaust fitted as looks great when I sus out how to post pictures(I am an old fart) will try and post pictures had my z since march and cannot believe how much grin factor this is only wish I got one sooner :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
You can have them wrapped the same colour. I’ve seen anorher RCZ where they were wrapped and you couldn’t tell them from the originals.

Once the roof arches have heavily marked they is no way of getting them back to looking like new. Anything used on them to mask them is only a temporary solution I’m afraid

dingley48

Reaction score
tried the auto glym tyre shine and wow after only a couple of minutes look fantastic thanks for the tipguys :beer: :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
dingley48 said:
tried the auto glym tyre shine and wow after only a couple of minutes look fantastic thanks for the tipguys :beer: :beer:

On your arches or tyres ?

2retro

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
dingley48 said:

On your arches or tyres ?
Arches. Works a treat but doesn't last long unfortunately.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there I clean up mine by washing the car as normal then rinse off then rinse the arches again with bottle water and then use auto glym aqua wax as per instructions and it works a treat as no limescale in bottles of water or other additives give it a try for yourself that what I use and do all the time.
Les n Karen n the Grey Lady

dingley48

Reaction score
gave in and just had my roof rails wrapped in diamond silver looks amazing in the sun also wheels refurbed and colour change to gloss gunmetal grey also calipers stripped and repainted metallic blue only thing I cant have done is a remap as ecu is tamper proof when able I will try and put up some pics

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
dingley48 said:
gave in and just had my roof rails wrapped in diamond silver looks amazing in the sun also wheels refurbed and colour change to gloss gunmetal grey also calipers stripped and repainted metallic blue only thing I cant have done is a remap as ecu is tamper proof when able I will try and put up some pics

You can still have your ECU remapped even with the anti tamper, the ECU has to be removed and written to directly any reputable remap company can do this, mine was exactly the same.