What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Side Skirts

Woodie

Reaction score
Does anyone have detailed information on removing tbe plastic side skirts. The jacking points on mine have been mullahed, if I can get the lower plastics off I can at least get them a little straighter than they are.
I can see the clips along the bottom but can't see how it is held to the top of the will.
Any help would be appreciated.

Pedro

Reaction score
If they are the Maxton's I just cut a piece out with a power file or grinder in line with the Jack points when I fitted mine that way you can get at them with a pair of large pipe grips or whatever have you to hand to bend them back to shape they are held on by six self tapping bolts which came with the parts but I also used waterproof low cure sealant to make sure they bonded properly & can come off easily

Woodie

Reaction score
Actually, I'm talking about the standard side plastics. Just need them off to do a little remedial work.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
The fixings are under the silver door plate very thin and bend easy plus might be a problem with replacing with new..

Woodie

Reaction score
Are they clipped on or is it silicone adhesive/sealer. I have a proper trim removal tool but you need to know where clips are to lever them up without damaging trim.

rorymonsta

Reaction score
Not sure if you've done this yet, but my manual says there are 4 roughly equally spaced bolts under the sill finisher/scuff plate for the skirt, the sill finisher appears to be double sided taped on. it also says that it is not re-attachable but im sure it can be if you have some tape and dont ruin the finisher when you remove it. If you have done this how did it go? one of mine needs re-aligning

Woodie

Reaction score
I'm sure I can get the scuff plate off with no damage. Not tried it yet as I have a lot of other damage to sort first.