What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Shuffling on the iPod

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Picked up new RCZ on Thursday, obviously FANTASTICALLY excited, everything looks, feels and (getting to the point now) sounds great. :D :D

So, I've worked out how to connect my iPod using the USB, and I'm able to choose what I want to play very easily (playlists, or artists, or individual albums). All good so far. But, I just can't figure out how to do proper shuffle play. I've activated the random play mode, but it just doesn't seem to work. Ideally, what I'd like to be able to do is either:
a) shuffle (randomly play) all tracks within a playlist, or
b) play whole albums in a playlist in a random order

Both of these are possible on the iPod, but I can't get either to work in the RCZ :thumbdown: I'd settle for just option a - which doesn't seem like too much to ask. I'm quite happy with the possibility that I'm doing something wrong though.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
:beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi callagkm

Have you tried pressing the "mode" button on the front of the radio and select Audio from the display on the screen?

This should give you the option to to select Radio, CD or USB. Select USB and it gives you two options - one of which gives you the ability to activate/deactivate the random play of a playlist /album, the other I believe gives you track repeat with a playlist, etc.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

When I connect my ipod nano 3g, it only seems to give me the option of choosing artists (my pressing 'List refresh'). I'd love to be able to select a genre instead. Is that possible?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Brooktop

Are you pressing and HOLDING the List refresh button? This usually brings up other possibilities.

Or it maybe that your ipod is not up to date possibly? Can you try someone else's ipod to see if that works?

A

Anonymous

Brilliant! Thanks Kerry. It also works for the USB stick as well :dance:

Take it you read the instruction manual? Us guys don't do that you know? :cool:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes, sorry its a habit of mine. The manual is still beside my bed - I often have a flick through it, when I want to know something specific. I just love to know everything that the car does. :lol:

A

Anonymous

I find it infuriating sometimes, because I'll see a feature I like...then realise it's probably not available on the Sport :roll: