What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Showing registration plates

Pugrcz11

Reaction score
Maybe I'm being naive, but for what reasons are people reluctant to show registration plates in photos?

A

Anonymous

All down to personal preference of course, as it theoretically helps beat cloning etc... But IMO, no different to someone taking a pic of it on the street/at a car show really (which they could then upload), you can't stop that! I used to obscure reg when I first started on forums but I don't bother now as I really don't think it makes any difference... My VIN on the other hand...! :eusa-think:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
If I edit photos, I generally take the plate out, but most of the time Im not fussed :)
As I go to alot of events and meets, it would be impossible for my car not to be on the internet without my plate anyway :)

A

Anonymous

It's a futile practice , if someone wanted a plate they would just go on autotrader and search for the exact make/model/year & colour of a car they wanted a plate for & hey presto "an appropriate plate"
Why troll through Internet pics of cars hoping to find the right colour and year when there's a library of plates on there!!!!

A

Anonymous

i remove mine in photos purely because it looks better without the plates on its less of a distraction to the beautiful shape