What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Should have thought it through part 1

A

Anonymous

I have neglected Agatha over these past few weeks. The ravages of winter blistered her skin, the dirt penetrating her smooth pearlescent blush like a filthy hobo seeking refuge in a wheelie bin.
Today was an opportunity to right a wrong; to apply some love and affection and it's not even Valentines (is this sounding creepy, purvy or both?). So I decided to arm myself with bucket, sponge and a healthy dose of turtlewax and rid her of the filth, only...

It was 0 degrees. Nothing. Zilch. The hose was blocked with ice and it was school pick up time; the mild embarassment of trying to wet a car with a dribble (hoestly, I was flicking it from the hose to try and generate some sort of moisture) while teenagers mocked is not a situation that I want to repeat. And so as I worked I was oblivous to the fact that the water was freezing up on the bodywork just worked over, my feet were developing frostbite having been placed in the crappy DIY shoes (we've all got them!) with holes in and attempting to chamois the bodywork and picking up ice crystals just wasn't working for me.
Honestly, what did I expect?

Anywho, Agatha is tip-top again and I've learnt my lesson. I will, however, never...ever...take her to the car wash.

A

Anonymous

i used warm water in a bucket and a wash mitt, took ten minutes and nice warm hands. bzzzzzzzzzzzz

A

Anonymous

I think that if it was true love then you would have left Agatha with her dirt coat intact and not tortured her with a sponge and ice :thumbdown: Shame on you :crazy: Not sure that putting it through a car wash could have done any more harm to her. :eek:

A

Anonymous

I was out until quarter to 8 last night in the freezing cold cleaning my pride and joy. Got the paint work gleaming and was able to take off one of the front wheels, get it cleaned up and painted the center of the disc along with the caliper. Took a good 45 minutes with wonderwheels alloy cleaner (that stuff burns like hell if you spash it on your hands!!!) to get the brake dust off.

Don't worry about looking a fool, I'm sure I looked just as bad!

A

Anonymous

I gave the keys to mine to Dan the valeter and it came back all clean and shiny.....

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
I think that if it was true love then you would have left Agatha with her dirt coat intact and not tortured her with a sponge and ice :thumbdown: Shame on you :crazy: Not sure that putting it through a car wash could have done any more harm to her. :eek:

Don't forget he mentioned a chamois leather too :shock:

RCZGT200 said:
I gave the keys to mine to Dan the valeter and it came back all clean and shiny.....

Shut up :D