What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Shiny newness

A

Anonymous

Just wanted to say hi. Picked up my shiny new RCZ from Robins and Day in Leicester last Thursday... To say I was excited
is an understatement, I was manically pacing the house waiting for the clock to tick around. It's a completely standard GT
in Charcoal with the HDi engine, and it's a true beauty. I seem to be finding any excuse to take it for a ride.

I wasn't planning to buy it of course, I just went in to look at their demo car. I should never have accepted the test drive,
I knew what would happen... I love the way the car looks anyway, but when I climbed aboard and saw the interior, I was sold.
Absolutely loved the stitched dash it really does make the inside feel like a special place to be..

It's such a different car to what I chopped in... A 59 plate Civic Type-S GT (also a diesel). (Awful car, from the paint falling
off the bonnet to the endless rattles and squeaks).

Anyway, I've done 400 miles so far, and have found three minor things I'm not happy with. I've got a juddering clutch, rusty hubs and
the sound quality when streaming audio via bluetooth to the car is 'mushy'. The first two seem to be fairly common, but I haven't seen
anyone else having audio quality issues, so hopefully thats just my car.

It's booked in with the dealer next week. Hopefully they'll fix it all. Then I'll be one happy customer.

A

Anonymous

welcome to the forum , :dance:
we do like photos on here :auto-car:

Rue1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...can't say I have suffered from either of your 1st 2 issues but can agree with the Bluetooth streaming being awful...have since replaced the entire Headunit with an aftermarket unit and couldn't be happier :)
Hope you find a solution for your BT issues and continue to enjoy your new baby

A

Anonymous

No problem with Bluetooth streaming from my Iphone 4. Top sound. It's very depend from bitrate.
Mine is 320 Kbps.

A

Anonymous

Thordoubt said:
I wasn't planning to buy it of course, I just went in to look at their demo car. I should never have accepted the test drive,
I knew what would happen... I love the way the car looks anyway, but when I climbed aboard and saw the interior, I was sold.
Absolutely loved the stitched dash it really does make the inside feel like a special place to be..
Welcome to the forum. That's how they get ya. THE TEST DRIVE. How could you not want to own a RCZ afterwards. I have the media system and my music stored on the hard drive. Awesome sound truly awesome :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately, I haven't had chance to take any pics yet. I'll post when I get my car back.

Its been back at the dealers this week with the 3 problems mentioned before plus rust spots on the passenger kick plate.

So after speaking to the dealer this morning Peugeot UK have authorised a new clutch and flywheel, new discs front and
back and a new kick plate. They're currently investigating the poor quality audio streaming, however in their demonstrator
(Which they've lent me whilst my car is fixed), audio streaming is perfect, so this is something peculiar to my car.

When all that is fixed I'll be one happy bunny. Have to say that the dealer have been fantastic so far. I almost fell
off of the chair when they gave me their RCZ as a courtesy car, was expecting a 107. Certainly not the kind of
poor customer service that I had been used to at my local Honda dealership.