What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Shell Nitro Plus - the real 'meal deal' !

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' all :greetings-wavingblue: (..another essay from the Back Benches :sleeping-yellow: )

Yesterday my Z' was given its first truly 'cordon' bleu meal of SHELL NITRO PLUS :clap: ,,having for numerous months been fooling it into believing that my fill up offerings of 'TESCO MOMENTUM' were in fact the gourmet offerings that the fuel world rates as the best distilled Black Gold ! ,,albeit brewed with extra ethanol ! :eek:

OK OK ,,so I tried to fool my 200 THP stallions into believing that Tesco 99 octane fuel (at a more competitive price) was the 'Real Deal' and far more nutritious than the lesser octane yet superior golden gravy from Shell ,,YES LORD I DID . :shock:
Forgive me THP 200 for I have sinned :(

SO, now it has from an empty tank had its first meal of Shell's finest as opposed to literally Tesco Finest (the latter being a real quote) and I must say so far the difference in simple smoothness of pick-up unless my mind is now attempting to fool ME too has been noticeable !! :dance:

ECU's act instantly with their array of sensors & measurements of ambient air temp/oxygen density, accelerator position, speed of acceleration, crankshaft position, engine load, petrol/air mix ratios, detonation, exhaust gas analysis etc etc AND constantly change and manipulate all the variables so as to provide the best available pre set criteria for an efficient burn per spark.

There's an immense amount of data being analysed each burn and the ECU making minute adjustments each time, SO its not the engine that takes time to learn the fuel its us the driver as we get use to the engine responsiveness or lack of it in respect of the fuel we choose to feed our engines with !

SHELL NITRO PLUS i applaud you from the bottom of my fuel tank :happy-wavemulticolor:

.the big blue (..officially saying "Bon Appetite" with Shell Nitro Plus which is what some of you have done so for some time!)

RCZ1

Reaction score
It's good stuff big blue. As you put more fuel in you will find that your RCZ will get better and better as it takes a bit of time for it to get accustomed to its new cordon bleu meal :)

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
B.B. you are what this forum should be about a bit of light banter and plenty of fun. Keep it up. :clap: :clap:

:beer:
Completely agree Snowy, big blues posts are fast becoming legendary :cool: Keep up the good work big blue :thumbup:

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' all :greetings-wavingblue:

...and THANK YOU all for what you have said about this humble "back bencher" post/s !

At the end of the day my posts are a simple reflection of myself (frivolous my boss would say) ,,BUT if what I say is viable AND enjoyed then on the basis of the former it achieves its principle aim and on the latter its akin to the cannauba to add some extra gloss :thumbup:

..EVEN though TESCO are probably now busily trying to remove all the 'loyalty points" they gave me for the many months of Momentum fuel that my 200 stallions sipped AND when the turbo was on full song ,,greedily drank with each mile ,,I will not return to their fuel watering holes and they can keep their strange ethanol enriched 99 octane gourmet blend ! :wave:

I am now a revert as I was a Shell Points card holder pre Nitro Plus being on their gourmet menu and heavenly it is too!
:beer: ,,and although it's early days I would urge others to try it ,,even if only for dinner parties & Forum Z' meets :clap:

It will be great to meet up with some of you one day when I get both myself and much famed heavily nail varnished onyx sortlinges to a meet.

.the big blue (..now off to have my "MOMENTUM FOREVER" tattoo removed by draggin my arm on the road as I drive) :crazy: