What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Set HOME location in NAV

A

Anonymous

Anyone know how this is done? I've scanned through the manual, no mention of it. I've also flicked throughout the Nav settings on screen, but everything relating to the HOME location is greyed out and not selectable.

I'm not up to speed with the various head units/screens so apologies for being a bit vague. It's a 2010 156 GT with the option extra media connect and sat nav.

A

Anonymous

Without checking, my memory fails to recall all of the details, however you need to do this through the telephone settings. You enter your home telephone number and address into the telephone contents section. Then you can designate this as your home for the navigation. If you cannot do it from this little info, then I can and will check it out for you.

RCZ1

Reaction score
A word of warning though - don't set your home address as HOME. Use a street name around the corer or nearby but not DIRECTLY to your house.

In case your car is ever stolen, then thieves will not know your home address.

A

Anonymous

I've remembered a little more about this. Basically every time you enter a contact into the address book, you are asked if you want to make that address navigable. So obviously you choose yes and follow the commands. By scrolling down you will be asked if you want to designate this as your HOME address again follow the commands and you.ve done what Peugeot HQ technical staff were unable to show me how to do.

One caveat to this, I have an active SIM card in my car phone at all time, I don't know if this is a requirement or not.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. I thought it may be to do with the phone address book as it jumped me to the address book whilst I was messing with the settings. I'll check to see if it works with mine. I use the Bluetooth connection on my mobile and use the car like a big Bluetooth hands free kit.

Are there any particular benefits of installing a SIM in the system itself? Other than not requiring the driver to have a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone?

A

Anonymous

Being a dinosaur, I neither have nor am I ever likely to have Bluetooth and so cannot make any comments by way of a comparison.