What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Servicing by other than Peugeot

A

Anonymous

I've been offered servicing for Freddie by my local garage and promised that as they would source genuine Peugeot parts it wouldn't affect the warranty. Is this correct? I don't want to negate the warranty and don't have any complaints against the Peugeot dealers but other dealers are 5 minutes walk from my house and it worked very well with my last coupé. Thoughts please :eusa-think: .

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes indeed, other garages can service a Peugeot (or any other make for that matter) and as long as any replacement parts are genuine Peugeot parts, then it will not invalidate the warranty.

Personally, I've always taken mine to the recognised dealer for all my servicing requirements. I've often wondered how you would know that any replacement parts were genuine manufacturer parts, especially those you can't see :!:

A

Anonymous

Under EU law your warranty is vaild if your car is serviced by any garage that is VAT registered, uses oem parts and sticks to the manufacturers service requirements. However they cant do warranty work and it is unlikely they will have the £8k Peugeot computer that plugs into the car. Often when your car is in for a service new and improved versions of its computers software is downloaded into it without the customer even realising.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, K and Marcus, for the speedy responses :thumbup: . I hadn't thought about computerised upgrades. RATS! That means it's slightly less convenient to get my car serviced plus disappointing my previous dealership :( . Oh well, at least it's not for two years!

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,
I'm a new kid on the block here - some very useful tips and tricks.
I'm interested in having my RCZ serviced by other garages other than my local RCZ dealer. I would have thought your nearest garage could have arranged to have your RCZ updated by the local RCZ dealer for you, when you dropped it off for a service?

RCZGT200: Is it possible to buy either electronic or hard copies of the service manuals?