What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sensible car purchasing

A

Anonymous

Am I going slighty mad?

I've seen a local 2010 plate 156 GT RCZ with 15,000 miles on the clock. It's got every single possible interior extra on it, inc the carbon fibre roof. The car, however is still £17,000. Seems like a crap load of money to me. I'm 31 and earn just over £27,000 a year. Quest is, is getting this car on a balloon payment deal a really bad idea?

A

Anonymous

Thats what I've done but on a brand new HDi GT at £25+K. Couldn't afford it otherwise as I was only trading in a 56 plate 207 GT. This RCZ has been the only car of my dreams for me so at least I can say I've had it!! I'll worry about the residuals in 2.5 years time..... when I become 'sensible'.
You won't regret going for the RCZ.......

A

Anonymous

Definitely agree that you wouldn't regret buying one!
The way I looked at it after getting several different quotes from Peugeot with/without balloon payments was that at the end of the term (I was looking at 4 years, as it suited me better that way) that I would have been spending almost exactly the same each month to save up for the balloon at the end rather than just pay more each month with no balloon.
I would say just getting a not brand new one is also "more sensible" as you won't lose as much on the depreciation. I was looking for a brand new one when I was buying, and ended up buying the exact spec I wanted, but 6 months old and saved about £6,000 on the list price. It wasn't made specifically for me, but 5 months down the line I sure don't care and nobody else can tell! :)

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Thats what I've done but on a brand new HDi GT at £25+K. Couldn't afford it otherwise as I was only trading in a 56 plate 207 GT. This RCZ has been the only car of my dreams for me so at least I can say I've had it!! I'll worry about the residuals in 2.5 years time..... when I become 'sensible'.
You won't regret going for the RCZ.......

Hah cheers! I might regret the bollocking coming from the wife though!:)