What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Self opening window?

A

Anonymous

Hello all.
My first post. Just bought my wife a 2014 RCZ 1.6 sport in black. Just sourced myself a spare wheel too.
Owned the car now for two days. Locked the car today. Passengers window dropped by its self by around 4 inches.
It was raining heavily. Hadn't realised until around an hour later. So had a slightly wet interior lol. To fully close window after opening the passengers door. We need to close the electric window from the inside, then lock the car. The window then stays up. Going back to the dealers next week to be sorted.
Is this a common issue?
Many thanks.

tianorth

Reaction score
Head over to the introductions section and say hi, we are a friendly bunch.

If you do a search on here there has been some reports of water in the boot lock mechanism cause cars to unlock, windows drop etc

Hope this helps, if you have only owned it for a short while take it back and get them to sort it.

A

Anonymous

The car locked OK. With passengers window down by around 4 inches. Drivers window was fine. Tried to replicate fault again, window dropped by a little, then stayed there. Obviously dealer check it before it was handed over, not. Usual manufacturer (none specific), poor service. Will be taking it to my local dealer to sort.
There again it was raining heavily when I picked car up, drove 50 miles home. Parked car up. Next day drove it again in the rain. Boot lock check tomorrow lol. I will mention the "boot lock", to the stealers.
Suppose it could make sense if it sends the electrics into melt down. Obviously a design fault.
Thinking more into the fault. It occurred after closing the passengers door, going to the boot. Opening the boot, shutting the boot. Then window dropped. Happened the same way twice. Was raining heavily too.
Cheers.