What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Seat heating

nicpy

Reaction score
Having a bit of a problem with the drivers side seat heating which is on full all the time. I have changed over the switches from passenger side to drivers side, but the problem remains. It would seem that the fault might be with the seat resistor pack if fitted, but I can`t find it. I have looked on the Peugeot parts list but no can see, although the rheostat is in the electrics diagram? Would be grateful for advice. :greetings-wavingblue:

nicpy

Reaction score
I seem to have found the unit, located under the leading edge of the drivers seat squab with two plugs to it, refered to as a seat `computor`, all the cables from the seat rheostat lead in to it. Strangley a BSI reset seems to have got the seat heating control working again, whether that continues remains to be seen?

This unit turned out to be the ECU for the seat memory

nicpy

Reaction score
Well I had thought that this problem had gone away, unfortuanetly not! It has started coming on again quite randomly so I have taken the fuse out. With the excellent weather we are having lately I was getting toasted both sides! :x

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I read about a totally unrelated issue, where a BSI reset did the trick, only for the problem to recur, then a second BSI reset resolved it. Can't find the thread, and can't remember what the issue was, but maybe a second go at some point might just work :eusa-think: (or maybe it won't) :eusa-whistle:

nicpy

Reaction score
I have tried a second and even third BSI reset, but no joy. Trouble is it is an intermittant fault. :?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe a dealership or auto electrician is the way to go, unless you can source a replacement unit and manage to swap them over yourself :eusa-think:

If it doesn't involve a can of WD40 or a hammer, it's usually a bit beyond my technical expertise :eusa-whistle:

nicpy

Reaction score
Just a follow up on this problem. I found a small unit under the front edge of each front seat, described as `relays`though not as we know them, solid state I suspect there job is to do with the different levels of heat, they are tucked up underneath each corner of the front seats each side near to the centre consol. I have swopped these over, problem seems to have gone away, at least the beloved hasn`t reported a hot bottom yet! In fairness though I also took out the driver’s seat, stripped down the seat squab to satisfy myself that there is no occupancy switch in it (Peugeot calls it a detection layer) there isn`t, only the heating pad. There is a detection layer in the passenger seat. :thumbup:

nicpy

Reaction score
Delighted to say I seem to have resolved this problem. Turned out to be the connector that plugs into the heated seat switch drivers side, replaced it with an old PC floppy drive power connector, (3 pins and same spacing) spliced into the seat wiring loom and all seems to be well.................at last! :clap: :clap:

renegade79

Reaction score
how much would the stealer have you charged you for that lot then....... :eusa-whistle:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
renegade79 said:
how much would the stealer have you charged you for that lot then....... :eusa-whistle:

Loads, and it would have taken them 3 weeks to sort it.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
RCZIain said:
renegade79 said:

Loads, and it would have taken them 3 weeks to sort it.

Three weeks and a full set of coils!! :lol: :lol: