What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Seat belt warning

A

Anonymous

Came back from a nice casual drive when all of a sudden my seat belt alarm went off. Frightened the s--t out of us.
Both my wife and I had our belts engaged but when I raised my very firm rear up out of the seat the alarm light in the centre overhead consul went out. Obviously a pressure pad problem in the seat. Does anyone out there hnow if this is a big job or not.

Thank you for your time guys, jr.

A

Anonymous

Hi jr again, got in this morning and no alarm. Went around a bend obviously my seating position altered ( thanks to Isaac Newton) and the alarm came on. Obviously there is a sensor in the seat and my transfer of weight has set the alarm off again.has anyone had this problem ideas would be greatly received. Could anyone tell me if there is a sensor on the seat belt end (either end) as that would have moved with me.
Cheers guys.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
There has to be a sensor in the seat belt socket as they car knows when you have put your seat belt on. There is clearly a sensor in the seats as the car knows if they are occupied but no belt being worn.

I suggest a diet of chips, lager & chocolate over Christmas, and by January, I can guarantee your seat will always know when you are sitting in it :beer:

BEADY

Reaction score
I am going to quote you on that when my wife calls me for overeating. Will make out its compulosry.
Cheers

A

Anonymous

Cheers you clown,
You do not know how right you are.
I had surgery last year and after having put on three stone in old uk money I managed to cycle and diet it all off a week before I purchased the z.
God, could the last owner have been I large bird. Perhaps I am too light to depress the plunger.
Jr
A very small welshman

DKZ5745

Reaction score
To get all serious for a few sentences, if your seat belt warning came on, it's the sensor that tells the car if the seat belt is buckled that is dodgy. When your firm (but small and Welsh) rear left the seat, the car no longer thought the seat was occupied and so stopped the seat belt alarm.

So basically, the seat sensor is working fine, it knows when you're there, it's the seat belt sensor that occasionally thinks you have unbuckled.
You could check for foreign bodies in the buckle socket (and I don't mean a very diminutive English person) coins, crumbs, false teeth etc, or try giving it a bit of a shake. Maybe even a bit of a squirt with WD40 or similar into the internal mechanism.

Other than that, if it is a regular occurrence, I'm afraid it probably is a trip to the dealer.

You could of course still try the chips lager & chocolate diet over Christmas, I for one will be giving it a go :happy-wavemulticolor:

TAC

Reaction score
Is there a hidden off switch for the seat belt alarm :eusa-whistle:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I don't think there is. If so, it is very well hidden.

If your car is still in any kind of warranty, this will surely be covered. Even if out of warranty, speak with your dealer and see if they can get Peugeot to agree to have the repair covered as it is clearly a safety issue (they may agree to pay a percentage - I had that with Renault and some brake discs which they eventually paid 50% towards).
It's worth a try if you have to have it fixed anyway.

Let us know how you go on

A

Anonymous

Worthwhile checking the connection under the seat for the weight sensor, you should see a black cable under the seat try unclipping and re-doing this with the car swtiched off and battery disconnected.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys all points taken fo future ref with thanks.
However problem now solved! I remember moving the front d side seat fully reward to clean the front footwell.it would appear that the rear carpet mats had then pushed a plug under the seat to a silly angle thus disconnecting some but not all of the pins,bugger! Perhaps this will help out members in the future. One other thing was found by my tec friend, he says that the lead from the plug had been looped around a rail / bar under the seat and as the seat was moved all the way back the tensioning of the lead might have displaced the plug. Cheers for now, she is calling me to dinner. :D

CircuitMonkey

Reaction score
I've been getting this same issue over the past week and will be having a good look at the rear carpets and plug because at 6' 3" and 19 stone I really don't need to be putting weight on!