What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Screen Wash Jets

A

Anonymous

Hello All,

Hope everyone had a good christmas :beer:

My problem started happening last week when the bad weather finally hit the midlands

Im having some trouble with my jets that srapy the screenwash well not really trouble...........just not working, first I thought it was because the screenwash had frozen, but its been ongoing now a week and the big thaw has passed :)

When you pull the lever the wipers will go but I cant ever remember hearing the sound of the motor ( the bonnet has been opened and no sound from the motor there either) Also its no longer frozen if it ever was and the tank is full.

I also need to check the fuse but my manual is currently at my house (which I am not) does anyone know which one it is at all ? Or if there is anything else I can check?

Any help would be muchly appreciated :D

A

Anonymous

You're probably right with the fuse. Likely you've burnt it out running the motor that pulls the water through - the motor works harder if there's a blockage - so it's screaming if the water's frozen.

FGRob

Reaction score
The fuse for the washers in under the bonnet on the right hand side as you are looking at the engine, the fuse is No F3 and is positioned towards the bottom right hand corner of the box, it's rated at 10 amp and sits next to the only 30 amp fuse fitted in the box.

I hope this helps.

Rob

A

Anonymous

Hi rchalmers83, I have the same problem. Looked at the manual (page 180) and the wash/wipe fuse is number F3 rated 10A (red) in the large fuse box on the right, under the bonnet next to battery. Undo the 2 clips and lift off cover. Looking into the fuse box, it’s the small red one nearest to the front of the box. I changed this with one of the same kind close to it and hay presto, my washers are working again. I had to swap it back as the other fuse was for the electrical steering pump as the RCZ is fitted with electrical steering. A steering wheel warning appeared on my dash. Off now to buy assortment of spare fuses. Hope this helps all the best. :greetings-wavingblue:

jrs.

Page 182. There is a smaller fuse box on top of battery for Mini and Maxi fuses which offer additional protection for the electrical system. The headlamp washer fuse is located in this box. MF8 20A. All work on this type of fuse must be carried out by a Peugeot dealer, according to the manual.

A

Anonymous

Worked a treat thank you all for your help, I just replaced it with one of the spares in the glovebox on my lunch.

So once again thanks for your help :D

A

Anonymous

I've got exactly the same problem. I'll replace the fuse tomorrow but thought I would post up that it seems a common problem

tim

FGRob

Reaction score
kingskintim said:
I've got exactly the same problem. I'll replace the fuse tomorrow but thought I would post up that it seems a common problem

tim
It's better for the system to blow a fuse than burn the motor out in the washer system ;)

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Yep same problem here, plus rear demister packed up during cold spell. Mind you havent seen my car for a week as dealer still trying to sort out my "serious lack of power" - see my other blog entry.
Almost lost faith now.

A

Anonymous

Got mine working again after the cold weather by changing the fuse, having made sure that I have not used it in really cold temperatures, having tried to wash my windscreen today, the fuse has gone again....This is not right so will be taking it back to peugeot.....again!

A

Anonymous

ours went to getting to be a very common problem in very cold weather or if the is no water in the bottle.easy fix tho

A

Anonymous

I've not had a problem with this. Used neat double strength screenwash which didnt freeze when it was showing minus 14 on the outside temp. The pre mixed stuff seems to freeze at not much below zero.

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
I've not had a problem with this. Used neat double strength screenwash which didnt freeze when it was showing minus 14 on the outside temp. The pre mixed stuff seems to freeze at not much below zero.

same here constant mornings of near -5 an no problems

A

Anonymous

My RCZ was in for it's 1000 mile check up this morning and I asked them to check my screen wash jets were functioning okay. The service desk told me that over 400 Peugots at their dealership had blown screen wash jets over the last couple of months. It appears that the fuse problem is not just on RCZ's.

The good thing is that the fuse blows to protect the jet motors so it is not really a problem as such, just inconvenient if it happens to you.

A

Anonymous

This is a built in safety feature to avoid burning the motor. Keep a spare fuse handy as mine blew going through France its not very funny driving without a clear screen for 300 miles in snow so be warned :idea:

A

Anonymous

Another Idea:
Could the problem result from the first fill up of the car.
Got mine in december only filled up with about 2 litres of "something" which looks like normal water.
Filled it up with concentrate and a litle amount of water.
I come from Germany, near Düsseldorf and I think we had here the same temperatures in december as in UK.
In the meantime I filled it up the 3rd time (pumped nearly 12 litres through the system) without any issues.

Cheers
Gregor

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
rjc813 said:
Mine has done the same! Hmmmm, pattern occurring here!
Yep - don't use your washer below -5C

blooming heck! and theres me thinking the water is frozen, i suspected this though, but hubby kept saying no it will be frozen !

well well see when he has to change the fuse in the cold dark tonight- when he gets home from work!!! :lol:

and yes a common theme if mines the same!! :twisted:

A

Anonymous

elgranero5 said:
FGRob said:
rjc813 said:
Mine has done the same! Hmmmm, pattern occurring here!
Yep - don't use your washer below -5C

blooming heck! and theres me thinking the water is frozen, i suspected this though, but hubby kept saying no it will be frozen !

well well see when he has to change the fuse in the cold dark tonight- when he gets home from work!!! :lol:

and yes a common theme if mines the same!! :twisted:

ah ah, after replaceing 2 fuses they now work again, and no the water was not frozen at the first replacement fuse, so not sure why that was or why it blew? maybe hubbys eyesight not good and was a duff fuse to start with LOL :clap: :oops: