What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat Nav

A

Anonymous

Has anyone got any recomendations for aftermarket Sat Nav systems, you know, big screen jobies fitted to the car.
I would love the Peugeot system, but I don't think that anyone is fitting them after they come out of the factory, and the implications of fitting the motorised screen, console controls, etc might be complicated.

I don't want to keep sticking TomTom to the window, and have the wire trailing everywhere.

A

Anonymous

I dont think the NG4 can be back fitted as when ordered you get a wider trip computer display beteen the speedo and rev counter and the operating buttons for the trip computer are moved to an additional button by the spolier overide switch.On non nav cars the trip computer is controlled via the headunit.
It would be massive amounts of work to fit all these bits if its even possible!

A

Anonymous

Looking at a Pioneer AVIC F920BT , it dose Sat nav, DVD, Bluetoth, SD, USB, IPOD, also there is the option for a rear camera and a DVBT TV tuner.
Some hard buttons, but mostly touch screen control.
It is Piano black finish too, so will fit in with the dash.

A

Anonymous

Just a quick (maybe dumb) question,

Just been looking at the spec for the NG4 satnav. It says there's an inbuilt 10g juke box.
How do you actually get your music in there? Can you import direct from an ipod for example?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Yes it will take ipod files,but not from an ipod :!: it will copy any files on CD, DVD or USB connected to it, how cool is that :cool:
Shame it's only 10 GB though :(

A

Anonymous

I have the RT4 system in my 407c... the HD system is nothing to write home about. It crashes regularly (if you turn the ignition on/off more than once in a space of 15 minutes either the whole system crashes or it refuses to recognise the hard drive until you turn the car off again) and is always slow to respond to commands. Stick with the USB port!!

A

Anonymous

cant you then just copy the files to ipod (not threw itunes,use it as external HDD) and then copy to car's memory???

A

Anonymous

Thought i'd revive this old post.

I have bought a Pioneer AppRadio Double din head unit (SPH-DA100)£330.00, and as soon as I can get hold of a Piano Black stereo fascia, I will fit it.
I have also bought an Autoleads multistalk adaptor (PC99-X87) £35.00
I believe I also need an Autoleads Power Block connector for Pioneer (PC99) £ ???
And also an aerial connection lead £ ???

Dose any one have a link to the Piano Black Fascia, as i'm having trouble finding one !

I will try to do a step by step, in the hope it may be of use for others.

G Tomo :)

Rue1

Reaction score
See my post "Arseys new AV system" I have just completed an aftermarket install and have provided some information that i hope people will find usefull. Just a not re the Pioneed unit - this was the unit I was originally going to install but because my RCZ had the JBL upgrade the installer had alot of difficulty getting it to work correctly hence the reason I changed direction and went with a Sony HU and custom Sat Nav pack...

lionhart

Reaction score
hi gtomo pioneer do there own CA-HM-PSA.001BP :thumbup:pic's not my car its the one on pioneers web page.

A

Anonymous

Thank's guy's,

Rue1, just off now to read your post,
and well spotted lionheart, on the fascia, I will check it out.

A

Anonymous

Hi GTomo,

Please update if you have managed to fit the Pioneer to your RCZ. I would love to have one in mine as well!

(Rue1 solution to remove the JBL amp...I am not very keen on that as it will be such a waste to the amp...)

Rue1

Reaction score
KK just to clarify it wasn't my idea or intention to remove the JBL amp but my understanding is that the Pioneer unit can only be fitted to NON JBL RCZ's - the wiring loom is apparently different. The company that did my install are OEM integrators and have alot of experience with different manufactures so I trust the advise that I was given (I was initially quite annoyed that I wasn't told that even with the unit that was eventually installed that they had to bypass the JBL amp but the end result is even better than the standard Clarion / Blaupunkt unit with the JBL amp).

My dealership gave the installers one of their demo RCZ's with a JBL pack to use as test bed for the Pioneer unit (as I was initially adament that I wanted the Pioneer unit installed) and they tried for 2 weeks to get the unit to work properly without success whilst they could get some parts to work, the unit as a whole wouldn't work correctly (plus I would have lost access to the usb port in the armrest). In the end the solution that was installed in my car worked out better than even I imagined - sometimes its worth opening your mind up to different solutions...

A

Anonymous

Still waiting for the piano black fascia to arrive, so nothing to report as yet.

Stand by for an update as soon as I get the bits !

G Tomo

A

Anonymous

So, the "piano Black" fascia came ! ......looks like it was painted by a two year old, I will have to do it myself. Don't waste your money, just get the cheaper grey one and paint it.

I am having trouble finding an adaptor that keeps both the front and rear parking sensors, anyone know which one I need ?

I didn't fancy paying £150 for Pioneers reversing camera, so I got one from Maplin for £29.99, works great !! and it's tiny. I will make a housing though, to make it look OEM.

I don't have an aerial lead yet, the RCZ has 2 aerials, one in the front screen and one in the rear screen, and they are FACRA type, not the standard SOT. (sorry to sound like a geek)

I have had the AppRadio working though, and it's a massive increase in sound quality, (not that the original was bad) The bass is a lot better, with much less distortion at high volume. I am very impressed.

The unit it's self, is very nice to use, responsive, not sluggish as I thought it might be. It handles all my videos and photos, which look great on the 7" screen. I have the Nav Free App, which works well, with full google search and speed cameras etc.

A nice touch, is if you have a rear view camera attached, you can view it while you drive forward, (to keep your eye on a trailer or bike mount etc)

I will post an update as soon as I have more bits.

A

Anonymous

I will go for the Sony XNV series, which uses TomTom for navigation.

Will post pics as soon as I.. Uhm.. have my RCZ and have the unit installed.

:twisted: