What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat Nav install

RCZ63

Reaction score
Hi, all my first posting here! I just purchased a Sat Nav screen and radio that was taken out of a Peugeot 308SW 2014 car on Ebay, it has no GPS antenna or the facial for the screen or the wire loom for the small control by the armrest, I will try to install this into my RCZ 2011 GT automatic with just the plain system install as standard!

Just would like to hear from you all about your experience doing such a thing, any info about how to get it coded for my car etc and where to source a facial for the display?

I am an electronic technician so should be able to get everything working with some help from the forum members, below link to unit on the Bay.

Item number on eBay is 261830603241

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261830603241? ... 26_rdc%3D1

The trim that surrounds the screen is part number 659344 according to a tread on this site!

GPS Antenna on Ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281394899541

Thanks in advance!

Dom

renegade79

Reaction score
That link doesn't direct to the correct page. Is that the system with the pop up screen?

RCZ63

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
That link doesn't direct to the correct page. Is that the system with the pop up screen?
Hi yes that's the one, I have put the item number on my original post!

Thanks

Dom

A

Anonymous

All in all it's quite a straightforward job, especially if you know about electronics. Hopefully the thread above will help you.
RCZ performance can supply the facia, I don't have the part number to hand but could find out if he doesn't know.

To keep things simple, I'd suggest you buy this cable - http://www.phibu-electronics.com/interf ... 2x15535453
This will convert the main stereo wiring loom to be compatible with your new stereo. Phibu also sell GPS antennas. Note that you will need a new cable to go between the stereo and the USB port in the armrest, it looks like Phibu now sell this as well.

Finally, you will need something like this to telecode the new stereo to your car - http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/171742472054?nav=SEARCH

RCZ63

Reaction score
mjcuk2000 said:
All in all it's quite a straightforward job, especially if you know about electronics. Hopefully the thread above will help you.
RCZ performance can supply the facia, I don't have the part number to hand but could find out if he doesn't know.

To keep things simple, I'd suggest you buy this cable - http://www.phibu-electronics.com/interf ... 2x15535453
This will convert the main stereo wiring loom to be compatible with your new stereo. Phibu also sell GPS antennas. Note that you will need a new cable to go between the stereo and the USB port in the armrest, it looks like Phibu now sell this as well.

Finally, you will need something like this to telecode the new stereo to your car - http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/171742472054?nav=SEARCH

Thanks mjcuk2000

do you know where I can find the RT6 wiring pin out? an or site with the relevant informations?

Dom

A

Anonymous

Hi Dom,

No I don't, I didn't need it since I used the Phibu cable. The only wiring details I have are for the cable that goes between the stereo and the USB port, at the time I couldn't find a suitable cable so ended up making one.
I'm sure I did see pin out details for the stereo when I was searching for other info, I couldn't tell you where though. If you google 'rd4 to rt6' you'll find lots of forum threads about the upgrade, mostly in French!

RCZ63

Reaction score
mjcuk2000 said:
Hi Dom,

No I don't, I didn't need it since I used the Phibu cable. The only wiring details I have are for the cable that goes between the stereo and the USB port, at the time I couldn't find a suitable cable so ended up making one.
I'm sure I did see pin out details for the stereo when I was searching for other info, I couldn't tell you where though. If you google 'rd4 to rt6' you'll find lots of forum threads about the upgrade, mostly in French!

Thanks, will do.

Dom

A

Anonymous

:helpme: Did you manage it and did everything work. If so is there anyone able to do the same in my new RCZ ? I am in Kent but happy to travel.
It all sounds so complicated. :beer:

RCZ63

Reaction score
debxx said:
:helpme: Did you manage it and did everything work. If so is there anyone able to do the same in my new RCZ ? I am in Kent but happy to travel.
It all sounds so complicated. :beer:

Hi Debxx,

Yes in the end I got it done once i got a hold of a schematic!

My best advice is do a search on Ebay for the Phibu cable mentioned in the above responce as it will save you time and money as with all the knowledge I have in electronics it took some time to probe around and rewire the original harness etc.

The decoding. I bout the interface but the software let me down as it would not decode and eventually the breaker I got the radio from sent me the radio code to unlock it,

the tele coding of car to radio is working but not 100% as the software won't make the change permanent I need to book a session at the local Peugeot garage to get that done but never get the chance because of work, about 45-50£ to get it done so cheaper than buying the interface that half work.

Anything else let me know.

Dom

A

Anonymous

Dear Dom,
Any chance of doing the same on my rcz - happy to pay . Peugeot says can't be done - have found my local dealers have very little technical knowledge.
Be so grateful if you could help as my car is so lovely but missing the sat nav! :helpme:
Many thanks,
Deb x

Dogtag

Reaction score
Hi Debxx,

Yes in the end I got it done once i got a hold of a schematic!

My best advice is do a search on Ebay for the Phibu cable mentioned in the above responce as it will save you time and money as with all the knowledge I have in electronics it took some time to probe around and rewire the original harness etc.

The decoding. I bout the interface but the software let me down as it would not decode and eventually the breaker I got the radio from sent me the radio code to unlock it,

the tele coding of car to radio is working but not 100% as the software won't make the change permanent I need to book a session at the local Peugeot garage to get that done but never get the chance because of work, about 45-50£ to get it done so cheaper than buying the interface that half work.

Anything else let me know.

Dom
Hi Dom I know it's been a while do you have a copy of the wiring as i need it for power to the screen and buttons thanks.