What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat Nav etc Help

A

Anonymous

We took delivery of our car yesterday- Simply stunning.
Having read the manual twice, need help with following:-
* Cant seem to access / check or have the tyre senors displayed
* Want to change the Sat Nav map to perpective or 3D etc but cant find the option to select
MAS - Jane

A

Anonymous

The sat nav display is changed in "navigation display settings". The 3D side of the NG4 sat nav is'nt all it's cracked up to be, you only get full 3D in certain cities or countries that have had maps written in 3D for that particular place, i have had mine nearly a month now and i have not seen anything in full 3D at all.
You may be lucky and find that parts of Glasgow have had maps written in 3D, but there are other threads on here from all parts of the country were they have'nt found full 3D yet either. I think some parts of Birmingham showed a bit of 3D ?
Peugeot do actualy state that not all functions on the NG4 sat nav are fully available in the UK.

The tyre sensors are part of the vision pack, which you can activate in your main display settings, i use the little switch by the hand brake to change main settings.
I have'nt got the tyre sensors or vision pack, but i'm sure you have to "activate " them via your main display settings.

I notice you say you have the "Sport GT " ? I think you will find that you either have the Sport OR the GT, they are two different spec RCZ's. The Sport is a lower spec than the GT.

I can't remember all the details, but i think the Sport has cloth interior & smaller wheels but i can't remember what else is different to the GT.

A

Anonymous

Hi Jactac
Thanks for the reply.
The car is a GT 200
Can apprecitae your 3D map availability info, however surely you must have to access the navigation menu to at least select it ?
But I see no such menu option within the navigation menu.

On a similar vain, the navigation map always shows north, which can be very confusing ie the direction arrow can be heading towards the bottom of the screen or any other direction apart from the same direction you are travelling in. Our previous car systems could all be set so the direction arrow was always travelling towards the top of the map screen (straight ahead), in excatly the same travelling dircetion of the car.

We also have the vision pack, but again I see no indication of a tyre sensor option within any of the displays or setup menus including the centre console menu control.
MAS - Jane

A

Anonymous

hi mas

the option for 3D isn't in the nav menu. you can access it by switching display so you see the map when driving along (the little button with a page symbol that flicks through music/radio & nav displays). Once you have the nav display, click the OK (centre of the wheel) and you can find it in there.

hth

dave

A

Anonymous

I have the GT200 with all the gadgets as well. As far as I understand it the tyre sensors only show up on the centre display and only when there is an actual problem. You cant just view the tyre pressures.

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
I have the GT200 with all the gadgets as well. As far as I understand it the tyre sensors only show up on the centre display and only when there is an actual problem. You cant just view the tyre pressures.

This is correct, the tyre sensor display does not show on the NG4 display only on the dash display, but i'm sure you can toggle through the settings to find the "tyre sensor" setting and activate or de-activate it ?

You can change the sat nav "arrow" to always point North or to point in direction of travel, and show the compass points, you can also have both the NG4 and the dash display showing direction of travel at the same time, or just have the dash showing a basic display and the NG4 not showing anything, basicaly you can have one on without the other or both on, obviously the NG4 display is far more detailed than the basic display on the dash.

It does take a bit of playing around with to find a setting that you prefer.

I'm lucky as my son works with and installs sat nav's, so when i first had the NG4 i was a bit confused with some of the settings, however he soon sorted out the set up for me and to be honest once you have a play with it really is just like most stand alone sat nav systems, even down to the speed camera and other warnings.

I have'nt got the car here at the moment but i will have a play later and post how i changed the settings.

A

Anonymous

I have not found any settings in connection with the tyre pressure sensors. According to the manual the only time you will see anything is when there is actually a problem.

A

Anonymous

How do you set your home location on the SatNav? The NG4. The option to choose navigate home is greyed out and for the life of me I cant work out how to make an address the home address!

A

Anonymous

Home Location - Really as the manual says page 212.
You have to store your home adress in the address book first. Then re-enter the address book and select the home address for edit. Then scroll through the options to select as home address. it was very straight forward.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the RTFM comment, very helpfull........

I did read it and clearly did not pick up on how to do it. My stupid......

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Regarding display of tyre pressure sensor status, there is a way to access them manually.

With the engine running, on the centre display press and hold the odometer reset button (the one on the right). This will start a sort of diagnostics report, part of which will be an indication of the tyre pressure status.

Took me a couple of days to find it. The words in the handbook give hints only!

Regards

PeteG

PS not quite sure what will be displayed on cars without tyre pressure sensors

Shark grey gt 200, 3d satnav, jbl & vision pack