What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat Nav added to Rcz

Brolly

Reaction score
I have only owned my Rcz a few months but really wanted the Factory Sat Nav system in the car.
I JUST LOVE ALL THE EXTRA TOY'S Lol.
:dance:

Its a job and a half dismantling the whole centre of the dash and removing the central console.

here is the system in place and all rebuilt

The unit needs recoding to the car to function correctly but that is my next job.

Second hand screen and unit 300.00 a replacement harnes 78.00 and gps aerial 6.99 so not too expensive. The downside is I have used the unit and its not the most user friendly thing I have ever had the pleasure of using, but it does look stunning.
Its a bit like a high maintenance girlfriend on your arm every body is jealous but they don't see all her tantrums that you have to put up with. Lol only kidding :D

Attachments

• 20140806_205750.jpg
    20140806_205750.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 4,975
  • 2014-08-08 07.27.24.jpg
    2014-08-08 07.27.24.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 4,975

RCZash

Reaction score
Congrats for a job well done. :thumbup:

Brolly

Reaction score
Its from the 308 june 2012 model, so think it will be old model.
I have only just finished and haven't had a good play yet.

frankvdb

Reaction score
It's definitely not the NG4 and looks exactly like the RT6.
The NG4 is double-DIN and has better usability but no bleutooth streaming. You can only use bluetooth for the usual phone call/contact integration etc.

RCZ1

Reaction score
You can stream music via the RT6 and via USB with full control. With the latest software upgrades and map updates you can now get full postcode entry.

Brolly

Reaction score
Cheers for the info.... It does play the music on my phone when its connected by bluetooth and usb is fully controllable via steering wheel audio controls etc.
Happy with what I've seen so far, went to devon last week and could have done with sat nav then... had to dig out my old Garmin. .. lol..
Software update sounds good and will look into that later.

Bigleigh

Reaction score
Great job Brolly, I don't know how people have the guts to undertake such jobs. :clap:

renegade79

Reaction score
Bigleigh said:
Great job Brolly, I don't know how people have the guts to undertake such jobs. :clap:

Completely agree!! well done brolly. excellent job :clap:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So this is going to sound really lame, but it is my first ever post. I am picking up my RCZ on Tuesday 9.9.14 from Available Cars Castle Donnington. It is a 63 plate GT200 in Moroccan Red with Sat Nav 19" black solstice, Black Pack, Vision Pack, White Faced Leather interior, and was a Peugeot Exec car.
How do I go about updating the Sat Nav software? Until now I had a TomTom with lifetime maps, but I guess I can't connect my RCZ to my laptop.
Any advice on this, or anything else I need to know about my new car would be really appreciated.