What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

same old cars

jeffreywt

Reaction score
As you will see from my post below am looking to get one of these in the not too distant future so have been keeping an eye on the adverts ( ebay,Autotrader etc).
It's the same old cars week in week out,they don't seem to be selling.
Maybe it's across the board and the second hand car market is suffering at the moment.
If not,then most people are flying a kite on the price they are asking or these cars are hard to shift.
Doesn't put me off but am going to leave it until winter as I suspect that's when the 'bargains' will be out there.

Kerr

Reaction score
Any R that comes up lately is selling very fast. Almost instantly in the last few cases.

It's normal for cars to take a while to sell. If it's hanging about for ages then there is probably a reason. Price is the usual reason.

What price range and model are you looking at?

If you copy the link for an Autotrader advert you can see the date the advert was raised. It is back to front.

For example. Year 2020 month 09 day 12

jeffreywt

Reaction score
Not seen an R come up for sale yet but have not been looking for them so may have missed one.
I shall be looking for a '13 200 GT. I am not keen on the shape of the front end/grill on the mk 1.
I have a budget of 6-7K in mind .
My rule of thumb has always been that if a car doesn't sell within 3 weeks of being advertised then something is wrong be it price,condition,what have you.
I have to admit this opinion on time frame does not go down well with the dealer community.
Hey ho,the world might come to an end on 1st Jan ( won't mention the dreaded B word ) so this could all be academic.

Kerr

Reaction score
Dealers are happy to sit on cars now. I know when I'm looking dealers are willing to wait months. Some are a year.

There isn't many 13>200bhp car on Autotrader. They are all dated this month except the most expensive one without pictures.

I've no idea what Brexit will do to car prices. Everyone predicted that Coronavirus would see car prices slump. The opposite has happend. It makes no sense.

jeffreywt

Reaction score
There are not many 200's out there,it was obviously not as popular as the 156 or diesel.
Who knows what 2021 will bring.If new car sales slump then there is a good chance the second hand market will harden up .
One of my kids is in the motor trade and his dealer friends say they are really shifting the popular stuff at the moment.