What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Safety cameras.NG4 3D

Davie

Reaction score
Mine is giving false readings on normal screen,correct readings on navigation screen.I have been in contact with Peugeot customer service since December on this issue,
they have been unable to solve the problem, anyone else expierienced this.

A

Anonymous

Yes. It's rubbish, but i just live with the inaccuracies. I don't know if it's a camera db error or the sat Nav software bug. It still warns you, so as long as you know the speed limit for the road, shouldn't be a problem.

A

Anonymous

I have spoken to Peugeot about this and when it is on the radio the car has to convert from kph to mph then to kph and back to mph again and it's a known software glitch.

A

Anonymous

I am pleased to report that all of the early problems with the speed camera readings have been resolved now. I was very impressed by how quickly Navteq responded to my report, that they were still showing cameras at a location that had had temporary speed cameras for some major roadworks that had since been removed.

I alerted them in mid February and on the March update, low and behold, no warnings anymore :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

The Navteq speed camera alerts update does without doubt fix the incorrect speeds :dance: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Not for me. Latest maps, latest firmware & latest alerts and speeds still report incorrectly :?:

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
Not for me. Latest maps, latest firmware & latest alerts and speeds still report incorrectly :?:

If we had the time, we'd sort that for ya. However you are getting a spanking new one, so it don't matter any more :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:

Strange.
All Navteq updates :?:

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
I downloaded all files from GPSUnderground.
I think it may be because that's the SCDB database (based in Germany and predominantly in kph) rather than the official Navteq one. I've only just realised this as I have been having the same issue with the same POIs and racking my brains as to what it could be and this was the only explanation I can come up with. :(

A

Anonymous

lufcfan said:
Grantp said:
I think it may be because that's the SCDB database (based in Germany and predominantly in kph) rather than the official Navteq one. I've only just realised this as I have been having the same issue with the same POIs and racking my brains as to what it could be and this was the only explanation I can come up with. :(
I suspected as much when I knew the source of his data. Mine was official Navteq and it works perfectly and therefore in my opinion would for others.

A

Anonymous

I've just downloaded the NAVTEQ file. Will install in morning so hopefully this will sort my problem. Thanks for help :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I'm currently working on a fix for the SCDB Camera Databases so I'll keep you all posted with how I get on! :)

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
lufcfan said:
Grantp said:
I suspected as much when I knew the source of his data. Mine was official Navteq and it works perfectly and therefore in my opinion would for others.

I concur :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
I've just downloaded the NAVTEQ file. Will install in morning so hopefully this will sort my problem. Thanks for help :thumbup:
How did you get on with the real McCoy as opposed to free pirate copy?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Grantp said:
How did you get on with the real McCoy as opposed to free pirate copy?

All works OK now I'm using NAVTEQ file :thumbup: . Thanks for help.