What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

S1 Black Headlights

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Morning everyone.

I have searched for this before without much luck, but I keep seeing series 1 Z's with black headlights.

Does anyone happen to know where you can purchase these, or whether each person has actually split their headlights and painted the inside?

Example below:

Thanks in advance.
Ben

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I ve Seen those too.
After a research i found a Link from malaysia where they had opened and painted them

The easyiest way though is to wrap them Just like the tinted glasses but you lose some of your light

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeh there is a wrap called fly paper vinyl that has perforations and I believe is legal as it still lets enough light through.

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Thanks guys, def not keen on wrapping them. I thought given there were so many examples online they must be sold somewhere!

I might investigate pulling mine apart to paint the inside.

2retro

Reaction score
I think you'll have trouble splitting the headlights without damaging them as they are a sealed unit I believe.

Here's a pic of mine mid way though having the black Spi-Vision headlight film fitted to show the difference. Much simpler solution and looks great. No major loss of light either.

http://www.spi-vision.co.uk/

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/

Attachments

• spi-vision.jpg
    spi-vision.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 3,585

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
There is no problem on (at? Dont know) splitting the headlights
Just put on YouTube retrofit and you Will find countless videos

I agree that the Best solution is wrapping them
Nice Job 2retro

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic 2retro. I do like the idea of habit the chrome around the main beam as per the pic above (rather than the film making the whole light black) but I might look into it a bit further - appreciate for the links.

Splitting shouldn't be too hard with a bit of heat. Have done it to some of my previous cars. It's just time consuming.

2retro

Reaction score
For me personally I didn't want to risk it in case I cracked the light clusters and had to stump up several hundred quid for new ones so that's why I went with the Spi-Vision option.

But if you are confident you can do it then go for it I say. And don't forget to show us the pics afterwards. :thumbup:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Completely understand.

Thanks mate, I'll see how things go. My other concern with the film is the legality as any kind of tint on your lights here attracts a defect.

2retro

Reaction score
SilverGTi_6 said:
Completely understand.

Thanks mate, I'll see how things go. My other concern with the film is the legality as any kind of tint on your lights here attracts a defect.
Yeah, not sure about how legal it is in the eyes of your lawmen.

I can tell you it passed it's MOT here last month without any issues. But that doesn't really help you does it! :|

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Sticking my neck out :oops: , I don't think tinting any light lens is a good thing as it will invariably reduce their efficacy.
Round here, the boy racers tint, illegally, all their lights, and in bright sunlight (yes I suppose we get more than in the UK), indicators and brake lights on some vehicles are reduced to candles. :thumbdown:

2retro

Reaction score
I agree with you about the brake lights - I wouldn't change them as I like people to not run into the back of me! lol

Headlights though - haven't really noticed much of a difference driving at night TBH.