What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RT6 -DVDS

A

Anonymous

Does the RT6 unit I've ordered on my new rcz allow watching DVDs when stationary?

Cheers
P

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
It doesn't say it does in the manual.
Is this yet another backward step with this new improved system :lol: I won't be changing mine in a hurry :D

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Can you watch a DVD in yours Ron ?
The answer to that is yes I can but who would want to sit there with engine running in order to? A useless feature IMO

frankvdb

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:
Can you watch a DVD in yours Ron ?
The answer to that is yes I can but who would want to sit there with engine running in order to? A useless feature IMO
Not entirely.
You can watch it for 15 minutes or so if you leave the key in the ignition so I use it to watch my music DVDs if I have to wait in the car when picking someone up. :)
I agree that for movies it doesn't make sense but who watches those in a car anyway. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:
Not entirely.
You can watch it for 15 minutes or so if you leave the key in the ignition so I use it to watch my music DVDs if I have to wait in the car when picking someone up. :)
I agree that for movies it doesn't make sense but who watches those in a car anyway. :eusa-think:
I take your point there. The picture and sound quality is great and so would certainly suit that type of usage. As all of my music is on the "jukebox" I do not wish to clutter my car up with DVDs in lieu of Cds and apart from that I don't tend to find myself sitting alone in the car and so still would not find a use for it.

frankvdb

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
frankvdb said:
Not entirely.
I take your point there. The picture and sound quality is great and so would certainly suit that type of usage. As all of my music is on the "jukebox" I do not wish to clutter my car up with DVDs in lieu of Cds and apart from that I don't tend to find myself sitting alone in the car and so still would not find a use for it.

I have a zipper wallet that can hold 12 discs.
I also burn my own DVD+Rs from video clips and music programs recorded from digital satellite and usually have my latest recordings and purchases in the wallet.
Works for me. Just the occasional disc changing juggling but used to that from my previous car which only had CD-radio.
I do also create mp3's from the recorded video clips and those I copy via USB to the HD for ease of listening.

A

Anonymous

You can always put the music videos on a USB,SSD or the hard drive
I personally don't use the DVD slot at all except for doing the updates.

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

So does the manual for the NG4 state you can watch DVDs and therefor we can assume that if its not in the manual for the RT6 then the feature is not available?

I'm thinking about keeping my child settled when I have to nip I to the shops for something and leave her with my wife or vice versa. She is only 2 and difficult to keep settled in the car a little Mickey Mouse would help just nicely!

A

Anonymous

Actually page 211 of the facelifted / new manual mentions a DVD video menu
So I think it would be safe to assume that it plays video.

RCZ1

Reaction score
gadgetpuk said:
Actually page 211 of the facelifted / new manual mentions a DVD video menu
So I think it would be safe to assume that it plays video.

So it does, I'd missed that. Well spotted :)

A

Anonymous

Apparently there is a way of "tricking" this type of system into thinking the car is stationary so DVD's can be viewed whilst the car is moving. :eusa-think:

A fella I used to work with did it on his car, I think he had new VW that had a similar sat nav / media player to the NG4.
I'm sure he purchased some sort of techy box to do the "tricking", but I can definitely recall him having it done.
I'll ask round to see if I can get hold of his number.

Personally I wouldn't bother doing this, but some may want to do it. :eusa-think: