What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

R's first MOT..

jr4070

Reaction score
So the R went for its inaugural MOT.
Picked up an advisory for the rear tyres degrading due to their age...The perishing has caused cracks to appear in the tread gaps..
(Goodyears). I changed the fronts last week due to a slow puncture, it may have to wait a while..Went for the uniroyal rainsport 3s.. Lets see how they are..

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Their age? 3 years old tyres degrading according to MOT? :roll:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hmm, mines coming up to its second MOT this year & still has original Conti's on the rear & they are fine :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Btw, I put Uniroyal Rainsport on my last car, Megane CC, the grip was excellent, but they didn't last very long :eusa-think:

jr4070

Reaction score
I had a 156 GT before the R, the conti's on the rear perished throught the sidewall lettering.. Led to a dramatic exit off a roundabout with the traction control driving. I swapped to goodyears after that..

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I swapped the original Conti fronts for Hankook's, but they didn't last long either, & the grip wasn't brilliant, I've just put Michelin super Sport 4S on the front. So far, excellent grip, too soon to know about deg. :eusa-think: