What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RPM with cold engine

Pascal

Reaction score
Hello
All a happy new year and lots of RCZ fun

Just a question to what rpm do you go with a cold engine before you switch to a higher gear on the thp 156hp / year of construction end 2013
I ask this question because my timing chain has just been replaced for the second time. The first time at 40000km the second time at 79000km the RCZ is always maintained at an official Peugeot dealer.
I drive about 8000 to 9000km per year.

greetings from Belgium

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine from cold is just under 1000 rpm.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
i never pass 2.000 rpm but usually change at 1.500

NF7

Reaction score
Hello Neilgsxr69 thanks for your reply but I actually mean at how many rpm you shift to a higher gear with a cold engine
Depends on how I feel. Usually under 2000, but sometimes above that if in a hurry.

Pascal

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses , I already thought it was because of my driving style that the timing chain had already been replaced twice, I have now done about 3000km with the new chain and I have the impression that it starts to make noise again when the engine is cold . not when starting more after about five km of driving

Flanners

Reaction score
Always let mine up to temp before any real acceleration. Gear changes circa 2000rpm......

littlepippin

Reaction score
Hello
All a happy new year and lots of RCZ fun

Just a question to what rpm do you go with a cold engine before you switch to a higher gear on the thp 156hp / year of construction end 2013
I ask this question because my timing chain has just been replaced for the second time. The first time at 40000km the second time at 79000km the RCZ is always maintained at an official Peugeot dealer.
I drive about 8000 to 9000km per year.

greetings from Belgium

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
You can get an app on your smart phone, and a blue tooth OBD adapter, that you can set up to show your engine coolant temperature in a nice big digital display. Then you can wait until temp gets to about 60c then have your fun.