What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

rough idel poping sound on start up

kevin1959

Reaction score
well hi everyone rcz runs fine now ,but when cold get bit poping noise rough idel then ok when i drive off anyone had this issue

Pedro

Reaction score
Misfire Kev poss plugs a lazy coil pack or fuel pressure issue ?

lfe

Reaction score
I had those symptoms when the high pressure petrol pump began to fail

kevin1959

Reaction score
ty you for replys,checked fuel pump thats ok ,plugs are new,i check coils later but car runs fine, its only on first start up ,in morning this happens. i did take turbo off for cleaning and have ajusted waste gate ,but put old turbo gasket to cat on, so going to change for new one,i believe its sucking in air until it warms up and seals.

kevin1959

Reaction score
well hi people found where popping noise comeing from,its the throttle body gasket leaking and causeing air to enter and escape.waiting on gasket.for anyone got these issues the throttle body is a arse to get to and some times will slip of completely ,its worth a check as this can cause loads codes, for just a look check that throttle body for leaks with a bottle water while running from the top left hand side looking at car from front. don,t recommend running car though while underneath

kevin1959

Reaction score
the comments i leave are for ref only and if it helps you save money then great,i have been working on cars since i was a boy,so i know my way around cars.as for the rcz its my first, already i know this engine vr]ery well.you may here this do that ,thta fine but i found that a omhs meter,and easy sensor checks will save you money,for these cars for the home mech,i recommend,top notch oil, filters ,and dont forget gearbox,dont us jacking points on these rcz they will crumble,but most of all do get your self a code reader,they show you the code whats causeing issues ,i hope these help you they are just a few points that could help you,as for would i buy another rcz yes i would, they great to drive they have there issues look after it ,and it look after your wallet,if you buy one for first time jackingpointscrumpled,walkaway,anyrattle on cold start,unless you know how to do timeing chain,t

kevin1959

Reaction score
i done my timeing chain in a day cost with parts bought 350 quid,ask main dealer see how much,then faint,lol:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:;);););););)